Tracking a solo

fair play... but i hope you are talking about the way it sounds, and not the visual.

Oh of course, the visual just looked like you laying down a solid take, so it's not like there's much I can really say about that :D I just generally prefer the sound of left-hand vibrato

James your solos always make me want to pull the tremol-nos out of my guitars.

The thought of setting them up every time I change strings stops me however. :oops:

Can't wait to hear it with harmonies.

Nice solo James!

it's me tracking a solo i did earlier tonight on an album i'm producing and mixing for a band called Structure Of Inhumanity... the vid was shot by the keyboardist/head-honcho of the band, Jonah Weingarten (who also mans the 'boards' for Pyramaze and Written In Blood)

This intrigues me! I fucking love Pyramaze.

Oh of course, the visual just looked like you laying down a solid take, so it's not like there's much I can really say about that :D I just generally prefer the sound of left-hand vibrato
i use both types liberally... just i was feeling the bar vibrato on this project more... i did however use normal left hand vibrato on the first note, the key-solo matching bend, of the second vid we did, for the third and final guest solo i did on the CD... and here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a Horus HGS, so it's tuned to B... strings are .12 or .13 to whatever came in the standard pack... can't recall. glad you like, thx.

Awesome...thats what I use, daddario 12-54 because they dont have the annoying wound G string that I hate so much. These videos are really making me want an ebony horus hgs to match my maple one :D

Great work as always James - looking forward to more videos from the iPhone.

Nice! How do you find the JSX for rhythms with the Mesa cab, James? Have you used it for rhythms on any projects?
i did a mix for the band Dope and i used it as one of two amps on rhythms, via reamping..., but other than that, only on solos so far.