Tracklisting for the very first SymX fan club cd

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Hey all,

Thought I'd share the tracklisting for the very first Symphony X fan club cd with you. Still waiting on MJR to finish up some stuff before we can get it pressed, so we don't have a release date set yet, but we do have the material (I may bring it along to ProgPower & play some of it at the lunch if the restaurant is okay with it), and here's what you can expect (barring any last minute changes by the band)..

Tracklisting plus short description as provided by MJR:

1. Inferno - pre-production
(2002 - Basic demo for the song - very close to the final version.) (note from Jax: Russ' ad libs are a riot on this one)
2. Odyssey - Sketch for Intro/Main Theme (2002 - This was the first draft of the intro - some of the orchestral parts used here appear in the final version - with a few modifications.)
3. Eyes of Medusa - original title: Gates of Misery
(1996 - Pre-production with a different chorus and extended solo section. A bit long - but interesting.)
4. A Winter's Dream, Part II - Rough Mix with Rod Tyler
(1995 - A few weeks before Russell joined the band, we were still in the studio, tracking for the Damnation CD... Rod had already sang on a few tunes and this was a rough mix from one of the sessions.)
5. Disillusioned - first demo
(1993 - One of the very first songs we sent to the Japanese label - very rough demo.)
6. The Star Wars Theme and 'too much free time'
(1999 / 2000? - MJR's arrangement of The Star Wars Suite - for 13 guitars and percussion. Wacky stuff.)

The first 200 copies will be numbered and autographed by the band; we have 165 members now (not all are memberships which receive CDs though), so the next 40 or so members to join the fan club will also receive a numbered/signed copy once it's released..more fan club info can be found at churchofthemachine.com.

Can't wait for everyone to hear this stuff..

If we become deluxe members, can we have the band setup at our house and play?

Yeah, I'm a goon. But a WISHFUL goon...

Actually, what I want to know is the details of the fan club. I looked on the site and didn't see anything about the actual organization of it.

hmm, anyway of getting this disc WITHOUT being a fan club member? I dont have an extra 35 I can really be spending ,i m saving up, but if it were available for like 10 or so, i'd do it

Fossil Records, what do you mean by the organization? The Info page lays out the details of each membership level, if that what you mean..

†Russel Allen†®, you don't have to do it by credit card, we accept cash and money orders in US$, as well as Western Union payments..

urinalcakemix, nope, the only way to get the fan club cd is to join the fan club.

This CD sounds Awesome!!!!

How long roughly do you think it will take for 40 people to join the fan club?

Regards

Oh, shoot...

I don't have US$ either... :( it's too expensive to buy US$ here in Brazil... otherwise I'd buy it, no doubt... well... I guess I can just envy those who'll have this preciousssss...... (hahaha, that's my Gollum side)

Lady of the Oracle said:
Fossil Records, what do you mean by the organization? The Info page lays out the details of each membership level, if that what you mean..

No, I meant who's involved like who's the President, Secretary, etc. Is the band actually involved in the fan club or is it a fan club entirely run by fans? If it's just run by fans, does the band at least endorse the club?

Just curious... :wave:

It's an official fan club, the band gave me the green light to put it together, & they're involved in its operation..I'm in contact with them at least monthly, if not weekly during busy times. We're in our first year so it's all just me running it right now, & we have less than 200 members so I'm handling it fine on my own for the time being..I'll bring in staff members once it gets to be too much for me to handle on my own.

Electric Requiem, I sent an e-mail out to the fan club members yesterday with a refresher on which memberships got cds.. :)

Hellfire, we've had 10 people sign up since I posted this yesterday..not sure how long til 30 more come along..

Lady of the Oracle said:
It's an official fan club, the band gave me the green light to put it together, & they're involved in its operation..I'm in contact with them at least monthly, if not weekly during busy times. We're in our first year so it's all just me running it right now, & we have less than 200 members so I'm handling it fine on my own for the time being..I'll bring in staff members once it gets to be too much for me to handle on my own.

Excellent! Just sent my payment via PayPal - Thanks!! :wave:

Update: We're up to 180+ members, so there are approx. 20 memberships left that'll get signed/numbered fan club cds..

As for track lengths, I'm not going to give out any more info 'til the cds are done. :)