Trade Mesa for Soldano?

_JJ_

New Metal Member
Nov 29, 2010
Hey Sneapsters!

I've been offered to trade my dual rectifier (3ch multiwatt version) for a Soldano hot rod 100+. Anyone here with experience with both? As always I understand that it's a matter of taste but it would be interesting to see what you guys think of them compared to each other. The guy lives pretty far away so I won't bother if the offer is obviously bad.
Any thoughts?

They're both amazing amps. I personally really love the new multiwatt Rectos and in my opinion they're more versatile than the Soldano, but damned if Soldano doesn't make some fine amps. If you're content with the Mesa, I'd hold on to it. If you want something a bit leaner and more Marshall-ish with lots of string definition I'd do the trade.

I like my recto but Soldano's are pretty rare here in Sweden. I guess I could always find another recto... Damn it's hard to decide! :loco:

The HR100+ is amazing.
It's easy to install a depth pot (or have someone install it, shouldn't be more than 50€), that'll make one brutal fuxking monster out of it.
Example:
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JXHv6aW2m-c[/ame]

(There are more on my channel)

I haven't tried the new multi-watt Rectos, I hear they're better than the older 3-channels, though... but I'd still probably take that trade. The HR100+ is a great amp - I actually liked the 50+ I had much better than the SLO I also had. Don't own either anymore... but if I were going to buy another Soldano, it'd be one from the Hot Rod series.

Sounds truly awesome Lasse! I was too slow deciding so he sold it to another guy :cry: Time to save up and get both amps :D