Traditional/True Metal

Erifeon

ParallaX
May 19, 2013
Whether or not you agree with the term True Metal as a name for this sub-genre and despite the obvious elitist and snobby sound that True Metal emits. True/Traditional Metal is Metal in its rawest form. With Iron Maiden inspired powerful clean vocals and melodic twin harmony guitars finished up with possible Medieval or Barbarian themed lyrics. True metal is rawer than Lewis Spence's arse.

Post below, And rock on! \m/

Here is a band I recently bumped into called Metalium, their Wikipedia entry states that they're power metal, but I see them as more of a Traditional kind of band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Metalium/674 Milenium Metal and Demons of Insanity are both worth a good listen to. I'll write a review of each for their albums pretty soon. \m/

Iron Maiden inspired powerful clean vocals and melodic twin harmony guitars finished up with possible Medieval or Barbarian themed lyrics.

What you're describing is pretty much the definition of Power Metal in my opinion. Traditional heavy metal is bands like Rainbow, Judas Priest, some Sabbath, Motorhead.