Transcendental Moments In Metal?

~My *first* auditory orgasm moment was the end of Tool ~ Lateralus. Although Ive grown out of being a blind maynard fanboy, I still think such an awesome piece of music

~The ending series of riffs in Borknagars "The Genuine Pulse" blew me away the way it builds up

~The ending solo in Pain of Salvation "People Passing By"

~Opeth "The Moor" when Mikeal kicks in the vocals after two minutes. That was what got me into death vocals being a kicking rad thing.

~Any of Michael Romeos(Symphony X) solos blew me out of the water when I heard them. I LOVE YOU MICHAEL.

~28:10 in Edge of Sanity's Crimson.Wow

~1:34 in Nightingale's "Game Over". One of the coolest riffs ever.

TAAKE - "Nattestid: Part I", when Høst scream: 'Gudfryktige de var naa skammens lik, over Bjoergvin graater himmerik'.

HYPOCRISY - "Slippin' away", I fucking love the lead-guitars in that song and the atmosphere it creates.

BURZUM - "Det som engang var", "Burzum" and "Jesu Død", three of the best songs ever. They're so fucking perfect I've no words for it!

DARKTHRONE - "Transilvanian hunger" and "En as i dype skogen", they're so cold and filled with hate. A feeling no one's ever been able to create before or after.

These are the ones that came to my mind right now, but I know there's more...

SculptedCold said:
Its not about the genre or the image, its about the cathartic atmospheres built through the mood of the music and lyrics.

Its not about the genre or the image, its about their music. IMO, they suck. fuck'n' horrible band.

Borknagar - Revolt and Embers cuz if u sit in a dark room and close ur eyes, you can actually see the fire burning and its all spiritual... :) nice

Cradle of Filth - Dinner At Deviant's Palace (forwards or backwards, but more eery forwards). O man my friend sent me that one night and i flipped it on and i didnt realize that all the lights in my house were out n everyone asleep so it was HELLA freaky and I got chills for like 10 minutes straight cuz i played it over n over again.... whoah the ultimate possession music ;)

Fear Factory - Zero Signal - I was actually drumming to it becuz the double bass line is sweet. Drummin like mad, I had like an out of body experience n it felt like i wuz high or sumthing

also Dark Tranquillity - Ex Nihilo was a little eery too ( i think its Ex Nihilo, the song at the end of Damage Done thats all instrumental )

for anyone interested in enchanting instrumental haunting tunes, go download/get the Diablo II (video game) soundtrack. hooly FUCK

Burzum-Det Some En Gang Var

Agalloch-In The Shadow of Our Pale Companion

the leads on Opeth's Morningrise

The orchestral part in the intro to Anathema's A Dying Wish

MDB-The Cry of Mankind

Cryptopsy-Phobophile

Neurosis-Stones From the Sky

Ulver-all of Kveldsjaner and the first track from Natten's Madrigal, that melody is just so awesome! As well the first track from Bergtatt

Sigh-Gundali

Slayer-Altar of Sacrifice, when Tom goes 'enterto the realm of Satan' and then Jeff starts soloing...

Morbid Angel-Immortal Rites and God of Emptiness

the intro to Obiturarys' Infected (that whole album gives me the chills actually)

all the guitar riffs of Morbid Tales

The cello part towards the end of Empyrium's Mourners and the solo that follows

Iron Maiden-Aces High, Hallowed be they name

thats enough for now methinks

Reactions: R.I.P.2