Those magical moments in metal songs ...

Originally posted by jimbobhickville

Also, on "To Live is To Die" by Metallica on And Justice For All when the lyrics come in

No even better how about the light part into that song. then the other guitar with the volume pedal. i just want to cry when hearing that part.

Sentenced - New Age Messiah. That moment begins at 1:16 and at 1:40 I get swepped away, I can't hold myself this does so fuckin' rule :) same at 3:20 till end of the song. Woohoo, hope they'll find back to their roots someday :(

Greetings...

Some more unforgettable moments...

On the amazing "Stormbirds" album by Evereve :

- The beautiful poem "Dedications" ends on a sad note, wich continues onto the song Stormbirds with such a nice bass intro... That transition moves me every time.

- The entire song (albeit short, wich may then count as a magical moment) called A Part of You... Those vocals, added to the perfect arrangement of the rest of the instrument, are chilling... Especially when you consider the fact that Tom Sedotschenko (on vocals) killed himself after that album... It's hair rising.

- I'll never stress enough about how good that album is... definitely one of my favorites of all time, for the emotional depth and arrangement cleverness. I strongly recommend it to anyone who revels in depressing music... slthough it's not always necessarily slow. A killer.

Other songs :

- Ad Astra, by Arcturus, is excellent ; as much as I love the end part as Gompo already pointed, I'd say I prefer the second part of the song, where the piano is predominant ; during that part, the violin is just jaw-dropping.

- What else, what else...

- Ah, the beginning of The Gathering's Sand and Mercury is sublime.

- On Blind Guardian's album "Nightfall...", there's one part of the song "Thorns" (wich is ironically one of my less favorite of the album) that is great : (I'm not sure of the lyrics, it's been a while) "And now I think it's time for us to bring it to an end..." with the pano and all.

- Same album : Mirror Mirror, the guitar solo that sounds like a fiddle after the first chorus is one of my all-time favorite solos for this type of music.

Damn, I'd continue for ages, but I'll leave it as it is for now... Oh and one last, although it's not a metal song :

- On Genesis' "Foxtrot", in the epic Supper's Ready (20+ minutes), there's a subdivision of the song called "Apocalypse in 9/8" that starts with an amazing melody, very quiet and melancolic, wich is mainly constitued of a beautiful guitar sound and flute... So powerful, as strange as this may sound...

Anyway, great thread Metalmaster, I'm curious about more and more posts !