Moments in songs that really "strike a chord" with you..

DEEP PURPLE - Fools from the fireball album. When the song kicks in after the slow intro. That rules.

DREAM THEATER - A Change of Seasons. The whole song, but particulaly the 'We can learn from the past.... but those days, are goooone... We can hope, for the future... but there may not be one!' part. And the 'I'm sick of all you hypocrits' part

MAIDEN - Fear of the Dark from a real live/dead album... When the crowd starts singing along with thguitar melody :headbang:

DUNGEON - I am Death.... When there is that awesome time change at 3 mins 30 secs after the solo...... or before. :headbang:

BLACK SABBATH - Heaven and Hell.... 'They say that life's a carousel.... spinning fast you gotta ride it well, the wolrd is full of kings and queens..... who blind you're eyes and steal your dreams its HEAVEN AND HELL'

Originally posted by Spruce Goose
The part in A QUESTION OF HEAVEN when Matt starts singing: 'I know you can't forgive me... I know I'm on my own. I know that I've betrayred you, you know I walk alone.... YOU KNOW I WALK ALOOONE.....'
And then the grand finale: 'OH WONT YOU LET ME DIE... OH WONT YOU LET ME DIE ...... ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH WONT YOU LET ME DIE-IE-IE!'

That part rocks so hard :headbang:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

KISS- Creatures of The Night, the guitar part that comes after the second chorus and just before the solo

Iced Earth- The Coming Curse, in the bit where Matt sings "Hellfire rages in my eyes..."

Queensryche- Waiting For 22. One of the most emotional moments of a damn fine album.

Black Sabbath- The segue between Odin's Court and Valhalla, and that part in When Death Calls that comes before Brian May's guest solo.

Judas Priest- Bloodstone. Best. Intro. Ever.

:headbang:

W

"Waiting For 22" was even better live (on their Promised Land tour - not sure if they did it any other time) when they would go straight into "Real World" after it. BRILLIANT.

Wrathy mentioning Black Sabbath reminded me of another one.

In the final verse of Snowblind where they have a high note over the main riff. Sounds so cool and gives me a chill hehe.

He didn't COVER Snowblind but he has a song of his own called Snowblind which is pretty cool. Nowhere near as good as Sabbath's song Snowblind though which is what I was obviously referring to hehe.

Have you heard Dave Sabo's version of Snowblind? It's on Spacewalk- A Salute To Ace Frehley, with Jason McMaster from Dangerous Toys doing the vocals.

I like the original too, but not as much as Rip it Out or Fractured Mirror.

:headbang:

W

Nope I haven't actually! Sounds interesting though as I love Skid Row! Can't really imagine Jason MCMaster singing Snowblind but it'd be interesting to hear!

Snowblind has always been my favourite track off Ace's solo album.