Moments that give you the chills...

Final_Vision

This is Not an Exit
Oct 19, 2001
California
In music in paticular, theres those moments in certain songs that just give you chills down your spine or just make you head bang insanely, or want to mosh like crazy. On higher level than just wanting to normally, like you feel it inside. Ok I sound crazy but I know I have a few moments where that happens, curious about your favorite moments from songs!

Here are a few that just do it for me hehe:

Amon Amarth - Victorious March: The 2 break downs in the begining are simply amazing, especially the second one where the drums do a nice fill and you just want to fuckign HEADBANG ARGH! haha

Skyfire - Fragments of Time: The refrain just makes me want to headbang like crazy and the way it climaxes is just awesome :headbang:

In Flames - The Jester Race: The final verse that goes right into an amazing solo by Jesper, always leaves me in awe.

Vintersorg - The Enigmatic Spirit: The whole song is just too damn sing alongable...ok that might not be a word but I made it :D. Anyway beatiful accoustic song and the vocals are really powerful.

MANNNNNNNNNNNNY more but Ill let some other people speak ;)

Amen SD. Ive gotta say Metallica leave me in awe, hence being my favourite band ever.

All CoB make me wanna destroy my brains from headbanging and DU also make me feel good.

and i know what u mean about a track making u feel so good cause sometimes i will be listening to music and it will just maker me smile so much cause its so good.

I hope music shalt never perish.

Final Vision, did you look into my fuckin mind and pick out those songs?? They do the same to me, every one of em! Especially the E. Spirit. I'm gonna add another, the final solo in Death is the Hunter, by The Crown. thats a spine chiller, then somewhere in the middle of it is the most headbanging bar of any solo, ever. marcus starts rippin this one note over and over, bending it i think, and janne is drumming in unison to it. its insane! Another Amon Amarth tune to add....Friends of the Suncross. in the middle theres this part where everything stops except the lone guitar, whos playin this awesome riff. then after a couple times everything else comes crashing in. its great.

after the chorus of Bodom After Midnight, with the phaser effect, and if you have head phones on, you get tingles :)

also, i get them in every skyfire song, skyfire feels good :D

i agree on the 35 In Flames songs! Waefarer is another in particular that i can think of...the ending solo is just....ahh..awesome! :headbang: :headbang: Devil Gate Ride by The Crown too, for a crazy headbanger. :headbang:

Amorphis - On Rich And Poor is very :headbang: y

Just the way it starts out and..well..keeps on going. :lol: I give a great description I know.

Dream Theater - The Glass Prison

Near the end of the song there's a certain part of the 4 minutes or so of soloing that I just love the song for.

Gamma Ray - Armaggedon

Listen to the song the whole way through. I love the ending. It gets me every time.

(make sure your speakers are cranked up)

Nightwish - Crimson Tide Deep Blue Sea

There's just one weird part in the guitar playing that I can't get enough of, about halfway through.

Skyfire - Fragments of Time

Anyone notice the rhythm going up and down the fretboard halfway through? I love that part.

Skyfire - The Universe Unveils

I love the chorus for this...

and...

Skyfire - By God Forsaken

this one.

Sonata Arctica - The End of This Chapter

The singer does one or two short short growls that make the song so much cooler, and lead into the best parts of the song.

:D That's probably enough to bore you all to death by now

nevermore- the learning that last part where he does his high screechy voice just gives the fuckin chills.
green carnation- light of day, day of darkness the very end when the very first part comes back and its doing the marching style drums. soo great.
im too fucking stoned right now to remember more haha but i know there is.
-neal

Nothing wrong with being proud of/happy with your music. It's a great thing that you are. :D

Electric Light Orchestra - Secret Messages (intro and other stuff)
Rush - Hemispheres (first couple of minutes)
In Flames - Zombie Inc. (accoustic guitar break)
Theory In Practice - Dehumanized (melodis parts..)
Lost Horizon - Welcome Back (the part after the refrain)
..and tons of other stuff... :)

That song is so sweet to play on the guitar. I love it.
I thought of another song that gives me chills. It would have to be A Question of Heaven by Iced Earth.