Moments that give you the chills...

Skyfire, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Bal Sagoth, In flames, etc. etc.
The most emotional feeling I ever got from a song was the last two minutes of Children of Bodom - Kissing the shadows.
Just thinking about it makes me want to run around town growling.
Metal is so beautiful, anyone agree? :)

I have to agree with everybody saying Nectars of Eden. I love that song so much. Too bad the rest of their songs are pretty bad. At least I think they are.

Originally posted by PyroclasticDemeanor
Skyfire, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Bal Sagoth, In flames, etc. etc.
The most emotional feeling I ever got from a song was the last two minutes of Children of Bodom - Kissing the shadows.
Just thinking about it makes me want to run around town growling.
Metal is so beautiful, anyone agree? :)

yes, metal is a beautiful thing.

On a serious note, these are some song moments that I absolutely love:

*Most older Metallica
*Mr. Crowley (especially the outro solo)
*The "my soul bears all the weight of mountains" section of Punish My Heaven
*The Same, Fabric, Dobermann, Hedon, Format C: for Cortex
*The solos in Kissing the Shadows
*A lot of older In Flames
*The Grudge and Pushit by Tool
*The "run away" part in Demon of the Fall
*The best part in Black Rose Immortal (we all know what that is!)
*The Bringer by Soilwork
*The part in Suicide Nation where the drum beat changes under the badass riff (~2:20). That's just begging for violent headbanging.
*Many songs by Rush

Most of these are pretty "typical" but what the heck, I don't really care. :p I know I'm missing many, but I thought I'd contribute something more than Ice Ice Baby.

another one is that crazy epic part on cof- dusk and her embrace when he says the line 'dusk and her embrace' the music at that part is sooo fucking great. i be chillin like a mofo.
-neal

Borknagar - Colossus and The Presence Is Ominous. (Vortex vocals are outstanding at these 2 songs.)

King Diamond - Welcome Home ("Grandmaaaaaaaaaaaa, welcome hooome". Need I say more...? :D )

Speaking of JLN, I've been listening to the track "From the Mist of Ruins" quite a bit lately and definitly a moment that gives me chills is after the final refrain and it comes crashing back into that sorrowful intro lead (which is fucking beautiful), and hes screaming over it "I saw my face in your eyes! and now your gone...You'll feel my pain!"

Oh yeah :headbang:

Originally posted by Final_Vision
Speaking of JLN, I've been listening to the track "From the Mist of Ruins" quite a bit lately and definitly a moment that gives me chills is after the final refrain and it comes crashing back into that sorrowful intro lead (which is fucking beautiful), and hes screaming over it "I saw my face in your eyes! and now your gone...You'll feel my pain!"

Oh yeah :headbang:

:cool: Awesome hehe.