Moments in songs that really "strike a chord" with you..

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
What are some moments in songs that really strike a chord for you... give you a chill and you really feel something when you hear that part?

Two I can think of are:

Judas Priest - I'm A Rocker in the very last line when Halford screams "And no one can take that awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" really high. I think it's a combination of the words, the passion he sings it with, and the AWESOME chord progression underneath, and its just a really powerful moment for me which moves me every time.

Demons & Wizards - Fiddler On The Green when Hansi sings "Take my haaaaaaand" and the drums come in. Gives me a chill down my spine every time, very moving!!!

There are also some lines in some Bon Jovi songs which I find to be really moving. For instance in "Always"...

What I'd give to rub my fingers through your hair
Touch your lips and hold you there
When you say your prayers try to understand
I've made mistakes, I'm just a man
When he holds you close, when he pulls you near
When he says the words you've been meaning to hear
I wish I was him and his words were mine
To say to you till the end of time that I, will love you... blah blah

They are just so powerful and the way Jon sings it is so powerful too! And the music, very emotional stuff! Hehehe.

The guitar solo in Sea Of Madness

Ooh, and the bit of the solo in Wasted Years that plays out just after the vocals come back in :) ADRIAN!!! :headbang:

The end of A Tout Le Monde.

Lots of moments in Midnight Oil songs.

When Mike and Mr Bungle sing "with his Big Mac he'll fuck it like a chicken McNugget"....all romantic, like.

Let me see...

Queensryche - "Eyes of a Stranger", in the beginning when it comes in from "Waiting for 22" and you hear the sounds, and then suddenly the intercom from the hospital (from the beginning of the album) chimes in. Shivers, especially if you haven't heard it in ages and you forget about that bit. Actually, it might be at the end of "Waiting for 22", I can't remember rightly.

Hmm, that's the only one I can think of right now!

Powerslave - the brilliant solo's and harmonies comes to mind right now. Too many Instrumental sections of Maiden songs to mention really.

The Book Of Thel - at the end of the solo's and the main riff is about to kick back in, gives me goosebumps.

Originally posted by The Trooper

Demons & Wizards - Fiddler On The Green when Hansi sings "Take my haaaaaaand" and the drums come in. Gives me a chill down my spine every time, very moving!!!

Hell yes!

Also:
Iced Earth - A Question Of Heaven: When the bells chime and the acoustic bit starts, though the whole song has great moments all through it!

Iced Earth - Diary: The lyrics in this song are *brilliant*

Sinergy - Written In Stone: One of the best ballads ever, fantastic lyrics and the intro bit with the acoustic, then going to the clean electric... :worship:

Sinergy - Laid To Rest: Just as good as Written In Stone, when the guitars really kick in on the first verse its awesome :worship:

Annihilator - Mending: An instrumental, very reflective, and one of the best instrumentals ive heard :D

Man, there's just so many good places of songs that get me off! It's hard to list them all...

Just a few:

Priest: Hard As Iron - the breakdown bit just near the end with all of the bombs! Cheesy as hell but man, HOW COOL!!! :D

Gary Moore: Name it - he makes me cry, dammit!

Maiden: Sea Of Madness solo - awesome!! Also, Hallowed Be Thy Name live - the crowd rules!

Dungeon: Life Is Black, in the last bit about half-way through there's a dive-bomb and a high note... That thing gets me every time! I'm fucking proud of how that solo came out! :)

But there's so many other bits of songs... solos, cool drum sections, amazing vocals (Geoff Tate in the bridge section of London for example! Wow!), you can't begin to list them here I think!

Damn being a passionate music fan! Damn it to hell! HAHAHA!

Another one:

Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner, from LAD... "And then down in falls comes the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn... *evil laughter*".

That's Bruce's best live moment ever. That I know of, anyway. Can you sing it as well as he does, Timmy? :)

Operation Mindcrime the entire album esp The mission (phwoar), Suite Sister Mary (the first few minutes before the actual song kicks into gear is amazing), Breaking the Silence and I Dont believe in love (one of the greatest songs ever!!!!!!:) )

Also WASP - The Idol. The guitar solos just get me everytime, they are otherworldly. And of course Sea of madness and wasted years and pretty much every other song on SIT. Oh and Revelations from LAD. If that song aint spine tingling then I dont know what is :)

[color=#AOEOOA]I had Walk in the Shadows stuck in my head for the last week, as well as Screaming In Digital and NM156 (I know it's off Warning and not Rage For Order)

Infact I named my Efed Clique "The Mindcrime Empire" after Queensryche's two records.[/color]

NP: Queensryche - Operation:Mindcrime

It is odd to see why these tiny parts of songs cause such a big outburst from me... but they do, sort of an inner power is released in my soul... hard to explain...

Blind Guardian - Battlefield - The whole song really... almost brings me to tears...

Bloodbath - Breeding Death - The chorus, just powerful and emotive.

Kreator - Betrayer - When the vocals go "Your world isn't worth...", his voice sort of breaks, and I always found that moving for some reason...

Pantera - Cemetery Gates - "All alone, as the memories now unfold" or whatnot, great emotion, I nearly shat myself when Phil did that...

Opeth - Bleak - "Devious movements in your eyes", makes me cry...

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven - "There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West"... gives me a weird buzz in the stomach...

Dream Theater - Beyond This Life - "All that we learn this time..." - Amazing power again...

Vader - Winds - The opening drums, the bass is kicked for a bit, and then twice as fast, and it is just moving... heh...

Mayhem - A Time To Die - The drumming... so good...

I bet there are more...

Originally posted by Soilworker

Kreator - Betrayer - When the vocals go "Your world isn't worth...", his voice sort of breaks, and I always found that moving for some reason...

Pantera - Cemetery Gates - "All alone, as the memories now unfold" or whatnot, great emotion, I nearly shat myself when Phil did that...

:headbang: :headbang:

The part in A QUESTION OF HEAVEN when Matt starts singing: 'I know you can't forgive me... I know I'm on my own. I know that I've betrayred you, you know I walk alone.... YOU KNOW I WALK ALOOONE.....'
And then the grand finale: 'OH WONT YOU LET ME DIE... OH WONT YOU LET ME DIE ...... ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH WONT YOU LET ME DIE-IE-IE!'

That part rocks so hard :headbang: