TRANSCENDING interview on Screaming Symphony.

Tomorrow night (Tues May 8th) at roughly 11.15pm TM's extremely homodacious drummer Matt "please don't squeeze my cheeks agin" Shriffer will be interviewed on Melbourne Metal radio show Screaming Symphony.
The interview should deal a lot with the upcoming shows with EVERGREY , TM's debut album, controlling Dr Destructo on tour and why Hansi can't drive a train?
If your a Melb regular i'm sure you know bout the show and can tune in otherwise check out their site which may or may not have the interview available through it.
http://www.screamingsymphony.com/main.php
Should be entertaining.:kickass:

I'll definately have to tune in if there's going to be talk about:

hansi.jpg

What doomy stuff?

Dont scare me boys...

Pulling away form power metal ay matt?

Damn listening to the last horizon is pissing me off cause im working friday!!!

DOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooooom

The Candlemass/Solitude Aeturnus/dISEMBOWELMENT influence is starting to peer through....

:p

What doomy stuff?

Dont scare me boys...

Pulling away form power metal ay matt?

Damn listening to the last horizon is pissing me off cause im working friday!!!
Sorry Stormster. There's definitely not going to be any Into the Lights or Dawn of Defeats or Last Horizons on the new album. :)

Sorry Stormster. There's definitely not going to be any Into the Lights or Dawn of Defeats or Last Horizons on the new album. :)

Whilst I love these songs, it does interest me to know you are going for a different sound. What can we expect to hear for the new stuff?

Well considering i hate anything to do with growls with a passion, im just gonna have to wait and see. But there was a new one you played before at a gig that i liked the sound of.

Doom doesn't instantly mean growls though.

Yeah i know, thats why i said we'd have to wait and see. I think Lycanthia when i think doom, and altho it wasnt ad bad as black/death metal for me, io just cant get into that sorta stuff. But time will tell.

As far as I know (and I would... wouldn't I? :err:) there will be a severe lack of growling on our new stuff.

Also regards the doom influence, this is more old school doom we take influence from, which really has more in common with early powermetal (and yes, even early progressive metal bands) than 95% of what is called powermetal these days. Candlemass is pretty much heavy, slightly slower and more groove laden powermetal to me... Solitude Aeturnus much the same but at least in the earlier stuff quite progressive, ala early Fates Warning. Neither of these bands have any growling in them.

So when we talk about having no Into the Lights or Dawn of Defeats on the new stuff, we mean just that the album is gonna be slightly heavier, and darker and less upbeat generally in terms of mood... there will still obviously be the occasional uptempo thing, and it's still gonna be as catchy as an STD at Blink. I guess it's kinda like the change (though obviously with different influences) that Symphony X made from V to the Odyssey, and that was one of their best albums IMO.

So when we talk about having no Into the Lights or Dawn of Defeats on the new stuff, we mean just that the album is gonna be slightly heavier, and darker and less upbeat generally in terms of mood... there will still obviously be the occasional uptempo thing, and it's still gonna be as catchy as an STD at Blink. I guess it's kinda like the change (though obviously with different influences) that Symphony X made from V to the Odyssey, and that was one of their best albums IMO.

V or Odyssey as their best?

Odyssey is their weakest album in my opinion
followed closley by paradise lost

Damnation Game FTW lol

Just my opinion really, i'm sure many (such as yourself) would disagree. Symphony X are one of those bands like Maiden where everyone seems to have a different favourite album. For me it's Odyssey followed closely by Divine Wings.

Damnation Game is a great album, but I don't like it as much as some of the others.