TRANSCENDING interview on Screaming Symphony.

You are the first person i've ever heard say Damnation Game is their favourite. Mine would be V. Followed by the Odyssey.

My favourite SymX album?

1st - Divine Wings-V-The Odyssey-Paradise Lost
2nd - Twilight in Olympus-Damnation Game
3rd - Self titled

T.I.O is an annoying album for me.... it opens up with two of the best songs they've ever written and doesn't recover from there

I rate T.I.O higher than Divine Wings. The two openers kick ass like you said but In the Dragons Den, Orion(Best pre chorus ever), Through the Looking Glass and Lady of the Snow are brilliant songs IMO. I think of Divine Wings more as starting off unreal and then fading away a bit. I'm not that into Eyes of Medusa or the song after it(can't remember the name)And honestly, i'm not as into the epic title track as most people seem to be. But Candlelight Fantasia = Pure awesomeness!

I also think Damnation Game has some of their best material. Edge of Forever, The Haunting and Winters Dream are great songs. The self titled is good and would possibly be great if Russell was singing on it. Just look how stupidly good the re-recording of Masquerade was compared to the original.

So for me its:
V, The Odyssey, TIO, DWOT, DG and self titled. I haven't heard Paradise Lost much yet and don't plan to download it.

I think one thing we can all agree on.... even a "mediocre" SymX cd is infinite times better then the best stuff put out by every other band on earth EVER. haha

can anyone that has ever ever listened to a symphony x cd then put on any aussie bands cd honestly say that, like me, they were a little more than dissapointed and ended up putting Symphony X back on?

Agreed with Shriff. As much as i like them Symphony X aren't the only band in the world. There are dozens of bands who i enjoy as much as them and many i enjoy more.

I think one thing we can all agree on.... even a "mediocre" SymX cd is infinite times better then the best stuff put out by every other band on earth EVER. haha

can anyone that has ever ever listened to a symphony x cd then put on any aussie bands cd honestly say that, like me, they were a little more than dissapointed and ended up putting Symphony X back on?

dude, looks like you.re the only one here on this forum who thinks Symphony X is the best band on the planet.
As much as I LOVE Russell Allen.s voice along with Michael Romeo.s great songwriting, Symphony X is still not my favourite band. They do write kick ass material, but you.re too much of a fan boy :p