• Decepticons

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Birdbrain

Advocate of Autonomy
Feb 14, 2002
England, UK
turnjet.tripod.com
Remember the Autobots and the Decepticons? Optimus Prime and Megatron, heh. Tell the truth, it was great wasn't it? I mean it wasn't just the show though, it was everything that came with it you know. From the toys, clothes, sweets, games, films, you name it... it was just so remarkable how worldwide the program became. Sadly it died out after it tried to produce a new generation with all that pointless s-FX and what became to be Beast Wars. (How was crap was that!) Thankfully now the times have changed and it seems the retro-ganging of the trademark has grown again.

For instance, the other day i saw some Transformers t-shirts stuck in my local "Annatar" (shop-line based on the mystical arts phenomena; voodoo, paganism, witchcraft, etc) and later on that evening two guys had Transformer patches on their bags. Further more, the band "Lost Prophets" website is a tribute to the program and one of the songs on the album "The Fake Sounds of Progress" does infact hold a few names and lines from the show aswell. Check it out at www.lostprophets.com. (A very, VERY good band indeed.) :eek:

Now i don't know about you, but i'm really thinking of getting all my Transformer video's out again and having a major video-fest with a couple of mates who also agree with this certain change of heart to all those loveable robots of our past. I mean i've even ordered a shirt fom the net, so who knows how far this trend will go...

So any opinions of the show and the ultimate question of any fan, What was your favourite Transformer? While i'm at it i've also created a poll for your favourite side, Autobot or Decepticon? Me, well i pledge my allegiance to the mighty Megatron. The Decepticons kick arse! :)

Favourite Transformer: Preacons (PredaKing)
Consisted of:
  • Headstrong
  • Razorclaw
  • Tantrum
  • Rampage
  • DiveBomB
Favourite Quote:
Headstrong: "I despise fleeing!"
Headstrong: "I would rather die fighting!"
Razorclaw: "He is right! Predacons... Unite!"
Predaking: "TO THE END!!"
- Transformers Episode: ("Call of the Primatives")

the bad guys always had the best toys, i think ive got a few transformers (they're a bit broken now) in my loft, why wont they show all those old cartoons, like on a special digital channel, thunder cats, transformers, heman etc can be on it. hmn, i suppose i'd get bored after one episode though, oh the memories... :rolleyes:

My memories of Transformers is a sweet one. I bet if I saw it today I'd laugh at how pathetic it is. When I was young, though, it was great.

hehe I watched Transformers, too. Must be 8 years ago, dunno :)

We're going to get an old TV Channel back, which broadcasted series like Transformers or Saber Rider, called Tele5 :) Hehe I look forward to refresh some memories :D

I don't think I need say much since this has been my avatar for a few months :p
Transformers WAS the definitive cartoon and the Movie is still one of the greatest things ever! I always like Hot Rod but Galvatron was pretty cool in a bad ass mutha kinda way

The TV show doesn't hold up any more, but it is fun to watch for nostalgia. The movie is still excellent and I even own the DVD :) Best cartoon movie ever made, IMO. I especially like how they kill off 10 or so of the major characters in the first 20 minutes. Unlike the show where nobody ever got hit. When Optimus died, I cried :( Of course, I was only like 10. Anyhoo, great movie, even today, go buy it.

Later.

Transformers ROCK. Period. Me and my 5 year old stepson watch the DVD of the movie all the time. One shitty thing...I got him one of the newer figures...they SUCK now. You need a goddamned degree in physics to transform them. I heard a Japanese company is coming out with "Generation One" figures: all the primary originals (Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, etc). They will be metal (not the crappy plastic like the new ones), and will cost an arm and a leg, but would be cool as hell to have.

I have an Autobot sticker on my rear window. Gets thumbs up from people all the time, the youngins don't know WTF it is.

I have a lot of Transformers in our basement and I'll keep them until I get some kids myself one day (if that will happen, if not I'll play with them myself). In my opinion Transformers is the best toys ever made. In second place comes Lego. Objectively Lego is far better though. Transformers is pretty much gone now and there aren't that many who remembers them. Lego is still around and still pleases kids all around the world!

I don't remember much of transformers.......I had some toys and some comics.... But they're cool. From what I remember, it occasionally was actually quite dark, thematically.

Its a tough decision... both had great characters...

Ultimately I'll have to go for Decepticons being as Optimus Prime got killed by Galvatron and the Decepticons also have Astrotrain and is it Blitzwing? (guy that becomes a fighter jet and a tank) who is clearly the most handy in a fight :D

Yeah Optimus Prime was killed, but he was kind of "relived" in a computer. I have the magazine where he gets killed I think. Here in Denmark the comic magz didn't come out until 1988. I also think that was around the time that Transformers started to get popular here. I have all of the issues from the first year and half of the issues from the next year and they're bangin'!!