Treatment Question

jeid

Terribad
Mar 9, 2009
Scotland
Planning on treating my room to some Rockwool bass traps. My problem is, which Rockwool stuff do I get? Is the RW3 the right stuff to go for? I'm making corner traps as I think the ones I've got (non rigid stuff) isn't doing much for my room.

Should I put some behind my desk and at the back of my room or will good foam suffice in these positions? I've seen people do both so I'm not 100% on what is going to be of greater benefit to me.

Cheers for any help/use search insults etc :kickass:

Ok, so pictures and room measurements.

My room is 8.5ft wide, 10ft long and 7.5ft tall.

I've got corner traps just now, but they're not of the rigid variety... in fact, they're very soft. They do deaden the room a fair bit, but I still think going with Rockwool would make a difference in here. Obviously my small room isn't helping in the slightest, but it's all I've got for now.

So, going from the desk and working my way round the room anti-clockwise
1F.jpg

2FL.jpg

3L.jpg

4BL.jpg

Back of room
5B.jpg

6BR.jpg

7R.jpg

8FR.jpg

I'd be keeping the traps I'd already made in some capacity. The 4ft traps on the doors and the one on the ceiling (not pictured) will likely stay.

I really need to get a new camera. Going to have to get a new rack as well actually. I did have more stuff in there, but I sold it.