Triaxis users, help me!!!

Chozla

New Metal Member
Feb 7, 2005
I got a little problem, I removed the fat-mod by myself on my triaxis, here's how I did it:

First, I did all the pieces replacement and I plugged my preamp. Cool! the tone I have been looking for but! I found that it still lack in pick attack in the palm muted riffs.

Second, I though that I did some mistakes when I removed the fat-mod, so I decided to buy all the pieces new (because I used some old pieces). Surprise! My presence buttons which did nothing just started to do something! (I thought it was normal at first) But my pick attack problem is still there...

So I want to know, for people with a Triaxis without fat-mod, if you feel that it lacks in pick attack. I mean, like when you use a Marshall head and you need to use an eq pedal in front of it to give a sharper palm mute.

For an example, the lead2 modes have a better pick attack if I use the eq at treble 9, mid 3, bass 0 (the eq is a pre-eq in theses modes).

I'm sure that I did some mistakes... Maybe that I had to solder some parts in serie and I didn't? I asked this question all around the net and NOBODY answered me! PLEASE!!! S'IL VOUS PLAIS!!! お願いします!!!

It just CAN'T be the power-amp or the cab, I mean, I connect a eq pedal (for cutting the bass beofre 350 Hz) in front of it and the problem isn't there anymore. But I don't want to use an eq pedal with a preamp (I always thought that preamp should be standalone). When I say that it lack in pick attack, it's like if your turn your guitar tone knob at zero, you understand? It's not THAT much but it's like that.