Tribute to Anthrax > 1st song avaiable

monstro

Brazilian Anthrax Website
Mar 26, 2005
South of Heaven
www.anthrax.com.br
The first track from the south american tribute to Anthrax entitled Indians...NOT! has been made avaiable for download and streaming. “Be All End All” was recorded by the one-man band Scratsch. The song is from Anthrax´s 1988 album “State of Euphoria”.

Scratsch is a project from brazilian musician Ricardo Piccoli, who has recorded all instruments and vocals and also mixed the song. Ricardo also takes part on a few heavy-metal acts like Sunseth Midnight (www.sunsethmidnight.com), Dead Nature (www.deadnature.com) and Scars Souls (www.scarssouls.com).

Anthrax´s founding member and guitarist Scott Ian said he was “very impressed” with Scratsch´s version. When told that the track had been done by one single guy Scott stated “He did a great job!”.

The song has been made avaiable at the brazilian tribute website: www.anthrax.com.br/indiansnot

The tribute promoters have received 21 tracks so far and a few more should be arriving soon.

The album, which will be released in July, will feature contributions from such Brazilian underground bands as ARENA AGE, RHESTUS, STILL LIFE, HELL TRUCKER, BLAKK MARKET and DYNAHEAD.

The compilation will be available over the Internet in MP3 format, downloadable on Anthrax.com.br and the participating bands' web sites. :headbang:

I am so fucking impressed with this. I am a kinda heavy duty musician guy and I'm telling you that this is the best tribute type track I ever heard anyone do online. The guy totally 'gets' Scott's live rhythm style (something which doesn't always get captured on record) and it was a hard song to do because it isn't really the hookiest Thrax tune, but the guy really gave it something. Fkn sweet guys.

I like what I listened to. Once I become friends with folks on my space I will post comments on their space. Just to say hey and good luck.

infernal affair said:
I can't download it!!! ('Invalid Friend ID.This user has either cancelled their membership, or their acccount has been deleted'). Why?

i believe myspace is having a problem with their download system...

asap we will have the songs hosted on our own webspace and this will not happen.

sorry for the inconvenience. :cry:

The guy did a great job but it sounds a little too close to the original for me. I like covers better when they're not done almost the exact same way as the original.

KY_Fried442 said:
The guy did a great job but it sounds a little too close to the original for me. I like covers better when they're not done almost the exact same way as the original.

i agree with you.

if i had a band i would put my personality on any cover, somehow....