triggering EZ drummer samples with drum-a-gog?

Adeamus

New Metal Member
Jul 8, 2008
Heya guys

Been reading on here for a while and I figured your the boys who can help me the best.

I've got a modest home studio set up that I use for recording demos of my own songs and I have a friend who has a little garage punk band whom I record songs for just for the joy of it. Obviously being a itty bitty punk band he doesn't have a ton of money for big studios and good drum heads. I said that shouldn't be an issue as I have drum-a-gog and EZ drummer and I THOUGHT it would be a breeze to take the audio input from drum-a-gog and convert it into a MIDI track that EZ drummer could then use.

I have had NO luck at all getting the two to synch up and I was wondering if anyone could give me a little walk through of how this SHOULD work.

Thanks a ton

what DAW are you using?

in Nuendo you set drumagog to output midi

add a new midi channel, record the output from drumagog to the midi channel so you have a midi track.
output the midi track to the appropriate channel in ezd.

that's it.

Heya guys

Been reading on here for a while and I figured your the boys who can help me the best.

I've got a modest home studio set up that I use for recording demos of my own songs and I have a friend who has a little garage punk band whom I record songs for just for the joy of it. Obviously being a itty bitty punk band he doesn't have a ton of money for big studios and good drum heads. I said that shouldn't be an issue as I have drum-a-gog and EZ drummer and I THOUGHT it would be a breeze to take the audio input from drum-a-gog and convert it into a MIDI track that EZ drummer could then use.

I have had NO luck at all getting the two to synch up and I was wondering if anyone could give me a little walk through of how this SHOULD work.

Thanks a ton

Does your app have plugin delay compensation?

I usually set Drumagog to send midi, make a midi track with Drumagog as input. Then I arm the midi track for recording, press record and let it go from beginning to end.
Now you have everything from Drumagog as midi events and can disable Drumagog alltogeher. Very handy for editing.

In Pro Tools, I manually convert my drum hits to MIDI commands and send them to EZD. It's a piece of cake.

I'm sure you can do something similar in Nuendo, Logic, DP, ect.