Triggering software?

We tried to do this demo with Trigger and even with the highest detail settings it was missing hits like crazy. DRT did it on the default settings, no problems.

I think "detail" is a bit misleading name. Cause the higher the smaller is the treshold. So if you want to catch a lot of hits you need a low value.

I tend to create MIDI with DTM or DRT and then route that into trigger. Best of both worlds for me.

I Always use Drumagog 5.They are also very helpful,plus there's a guy here in the forum from the company,so that's very helpful.

You activate the "samples" tab and then import whatever you want to put in. I tend to prefer "circular" mode (aka round-robin). This way you can use different mic positions and have DRT print the correct corresponding close/oh/room mics.

Yeh I know that. I was just wondering what other in depth ways people are creating their instruments in drt as the manual is very detailed on that matter. Today I was importing the multi hits of a snare horizontally although I know you can stack vertically. What are the uses of both ways? It sounded fine to me but I'd like to get to know my software a bit more.

Yeh I know that. I was just wondering what other in depth ways people are creating their instruments in drt as the manual is very detailed on that matter. Today I was importing the multi hits of a snare horizontally although I know you can stack vertically. What are the uses of both ways? It sounded fine to me but I'd like to get to know my software a bit more.

Horizontally works better if you're doing multi-microphone replacement. Each hit moves to a different horizontal stack, making it possible to round-robin the close mic hits with the corresponding room mics, etc.

Vertically works well if you've only got one mic position, as DRT will analyze the peak amplitude and always choose the closest peak value to whatever you're triggering from, though i suppose if you don't have a ton of hits with varying velocities, it could lead to some machine gunning.