Votes: 54 64.3%
  • Drumagog

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Aptrigga

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
What would you guys recommend for getting the velocity accurate midi in order to replace/enhance real drums with superior drummer?

Well I do have DRT in case I decide to do audio to MIDI but I wanted to make sure TRIGGER was worth getting before I spend the money on it tomorrow. However, I've already had an iLok sent to my local Guitar Center which should be in tomorrow for TRIGGER. I have a recording session this weekend and will be miking an acoustic drum set and plan to use TRIGGER to supplement or replace kick, snare and toms as soon as I edit the drums. Then it's onto tracking guitars after that. We are very limited on time and I figured trigger would be a quick way to get nice drum sounds to work with. I'm getting PLATINUM BTW.... $130 I believe.

I detect the audio transients with Samplitude and turn it into a midi track and use Kontakt to trigger samples now.
Used to put Drumagog on everything. Freezing and unfreezing tracks. Cutting sections and freezing them trying to get it to trigger accurately.
Took forever but it worked. Now I just use Kontakt for any sort of triggering or replacing.

+1 aptrigga! Might be limited but it´s simple and very easy to use. Does the job, so it´s what matters in the end.