Triple Dual and Solo rec

EtherForBreakfast

Hamster Style
Jun 19, 2005
The trip and dual are just not needed - I dont need that much power.

Been thinking about the solo 50 head.

Can anyone give me a real world opinion on the little guy?

I have a Single Solo 50, and it happily compete's with my other guitarist's dual rec. Until, that is, he turns his up to silly o'clock. I atually think it has more character than the dual rec, it just seems a lot smoother. Each to their own i guess though.

Smalex - what about in terms of lead tones? Which voicing do you generally prefer?

My fave lead amp right now is my Marshall JCM900 SL-X 2500 - it's just tone factory. I use a Krank rev1 for chunk/rhythm.

That lil' mesa has me very intrigued, but I'm going to have to buy one "deaf" because no one around here carries that model. Looks like a smokin price for a used one is about $650 (the lowest price ive seen one close at on ebay).

Also, the palm mutes, does the amp stay TIGHT, or does the ass end tend to get a bit flabby?

I think it'd sound great with your Krank! You could do some mean recordings with your Marshall, Krank, and Mesa all mixed together.

I have the older version, which has 2 voicings on each channel. The clean i keep on clean, and the Dist. i keep on modern. Plam mutes are absolutely fine. I think they sound even bigger than on the dual. The dual always seems a bit too middy for me, and doesnt really have the oomph. Of course this is just my opinion though..