Triple XXX or Rectifier for studio use ?

Which one would you have for studio use ?

• Single Rectifier + Stilleto 4x12 cab ($1k more expensive)

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Single Recto + Orange 2x12

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Single Recto + Mesa Boogie 2x12

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Peavey Triple XXX (or JSX) with Stilleto 4x12

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Peavey Triple XXX (or JSX) + MB 2x12

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Peavey Triple XXX (or JSX) + Orange 2x12

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
I'm gonna go against the grain a bit here.

If you primarily record jazz, blues, brazilian, reggae, look into something that would suit that first. Something like a Fender deluxe reverb.

Keep your rock/metal amp separate from that. No amp will really be able to do both really well in my opinion. If you can budget around this, even better.

-Joe

I'm gonna go against the grain a bit here.

If you primarily record jazz, blues, brazilian, reggae, look into something that would suit that first. Something like a Fender deluxe reverb.

Keep your rock/metal amp separate from that. No amp will really be able to do both really well in my opinion. If you can budget around this, even better.

-Joe

I agree. The thing is, my boss won't EVER buy two amps. He wants a jack of all trades thing, and then go back and buy bunches of outboard gear. If I ask him another amp he might as well shoot me in the head ehheeh

Anyway, anyone here has experience with the Mesa Stiletto amp ?

My boss got a boner when he saw some oranges i showed him. He is crazy about vintage-looking stuff, but it costs more than $4k here in Brazil, and with that money, one can buy a single recto + 4x12 cab here.

Ouch...

I would look into the Stiletto. I haven't played one, but I'd imagine the clean would be pretty good. You can definitely get a good rock tone from it as well. Even metal with a boost I bet.

-Joe

Yeah, I love the concept of the Stiletto cuz I'm realizing the EL34 crunch/bark is the tone I'm after, and Exocaster posted a clip using his that I really dug (even if he was using a Strat :puke: :heh: )

Yeah, I love the concept of the Stiletto cuz I'm realizing the EL34 crunch/bark is the tone I'm after, and Exocaster posted a clip using his that I really dug (even if he was using a Strat :puke: :heh: )

Hey man, strats serve their purpose too! I know you hate blues, but when I plugged my parts-o-caster into my '68 Super Reverb, it really was a magical sound. So detailed, responsive, and lush sounding!

-Joe

Yeah, I don't doubt that, and I admit I can definitely be a sucker for a sweet blues tone, even if you're correct that the music often drives me up the wall :D I just meant he was playing pretty high gain stuff with a bridge single-coil, which to me is a blasphemous combo :heh:

Yeah, I don't doubt that, and I admit I can definitely be a sucker for a sweet blues tone, even if you're correct that the music often drives me up the wall :D I just meant he was playing pretty high gain stuff with a bridge single-coil, which to me is a blasphemous combo :heh:

Haha, yes that sounds quite strange. Unless it was a mini JB or something. I had one of those...it was meh in my opinion.

I'm kind of GASing for another old sweet Fender. There's really nothing like em for ridiculously sweet clean tones. I neeeeeeeeeeed another!

ahaha

-Joe

YEah, single, but whatever. It's a Recto :kickass: Should be in the studio in a few days. The JSX will be on the studio tomorrow, i think.

Well, my boss got both the Recto and the JSX with the Recto cab m/

as sweet as that is, i still wouldn't be 100% convinced that they'd serve the genres you originally stated you're working with

the JSX DOES have a really nice clean channel on it so it might work out, but i would've gotten a fender or vox or something instead of the recto

either way, best of luck, and have fun with your new shit! :headbang:

Hmm, not so sure about that :erk: But I really hope you guys like it!

Have you ever played a solid state Meteoro amp ? A peavey bandit sounds like heaven close to this. It is really BAD. This is what we have there currently eheh So a single recto, as bad as it may sound, is worlds above that :lol: And on Brazil a Recto does wonders for studio marketing. Just imagine a Recto near the Amazon Florest ehhehe

I agree that a Fender would be awesome, we were ready to pull the trigger on a Fender Twin Reverb but we got an AMAZING deal on this jsx (it was onwed by a rich kid on our town, and he sold it and a Gibson Les Paul. Unfortunately, the Gibbo was sold just before my boss went there) so we took it. :kickass:

Just tried the JSX, and holy cow, that thing is badass! Besides that parked wah tone that it can achieve sometimes, I could dial some great tones in 5 minutes playing. And it is a 2x12 combo! Monday the Recto and its cab will be arriving at the studio :kickass: