Triumph news and YouTube

Slappy7768

Dude.....
Jan 4, 2008
MA
I know we have some Triumph fans here. duckman(samrules) and Steve Koelling and a few others I think. So I figured I'd throw this thread up. Triumph is officially back together. The are doing a show in Sweden. They are also gearing up for a full North American tour in 2009. They are also going into a another Canadien Music hall of fame. It's a great time to be a Triumph fan. With all this interest in the band. A whole slew of great Videos are up on You Tube here are a few links for you.

Rocky Mountain Way back in 1977 -
Fight the Good Fight from 1982 - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibFv_8LuuA0&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll definitely be trying to get a good seat for the show! I saw Rik on his own earlier this year... it'll be great to see the whole band! I saw them once, back around 1981. This WILL kick ass!
Samduck

Wow! One of my all time favorite bands. Surveillance, their last album with the original line up is still my personal favorite. Thanks Gary! Can't wait to see them in concert.

Wow! One of my all time favorite bands. Surveillance, their last album with the original line up is still my personal favorite. Thanks Gary! Can't wait to see them in concert.

Have you ever seen the video for Never Say Never? Well here you go!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1TauvXME24&feature=related[/ame]

Allied Forces promo video!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB6jdk6G9Pw&feature=related[/ame]

SWEET!!!!! :kickass:

I remember hearing "Fight the Good Fight" on a classic rock radio station when I was in high school and I went nuts. Triumph is pure badass!

I remember hearing "Fight the Good Fight" on a classic rock radio station when I was in high school and I went nuts. Triumph is pure badass!

Yeah, that's the song that did it for me too....but it wasn't classic rock.....it was like 1982 or 1983 and it was so unique and original. I went out and purchased their whole collection after I got hooked on Allied Forces. First came Progressions of Power, then Play the Game, the Rock and Roll Machine. Their music came into my life during a time that I look back and wish I could have back. Triumph always reminds me of good times.

Yeah, that's the song that did it for me too....but it wasn't classic rock.....it was like 1982 or 1983 and it was so unique and original. I went out and purchased their whole collection after I got hooked on Allied Forces. First came Progressions of Power, then Play the Game, the Rock and Roll Machine. Their music came into my life during a time that I look back and wish I could have back. Triumph always reminds me of good times.

Funny, Pretty much the same story for me. It was early 82. My friend said "dude you gotta check this band out, the guitarist is insane!". Then he put on Allied Forces (the song) I was hooked then and there. The we both started searching for other albums. I found Just a Game in one store he found Rock and Roll Machine and Progressions Of Power in another. We had our summer listening to those albums over and over again. Then in 83 Never Surrender came out. Totally blew me away. That was when I got to see them as my first concert ever!

Can't believe I'm going to get to see them again. :headbang:

I saw Triumph in 1983 at an outdoor festival in Eugene, Oregon, not too long after they performed at the US Festival. They sounded really good, and played exceptionally well from what I can remember. Might have to catch this show if they make it to Portland.

Robby

Funny, Pretty much the same story for me. It was early 82. My friend said "dude you gotta check this band out, the guitarist is insane!". Then he put on Allied Forces (the song) I was hooked then and there. The we both started searching for other albums. I found Just a Game in one store he found Rock and Roll Machine and Progressions Of Power in another. We had our summer listening to those albums over and over again. Then in 83 Never Surrender came out. Totally blew me away. That was when I got to see them as my first concert ever!

Can't believe I'm going to get to see them again. :headbang:

Gary, did your version of Rock and Roll Machine have the live shot on the front and did it include the song "Blinding Light Show"? I love that song. I special ordered the CD and it was completely different than the LP I had and did NOT contain The Blinding Light Show. I must have had a re-release.

Like you, after I got into them, I went to every record store looking for more. After I owned Just a Game, Rock and Roll Machine, Allied Forces and Progressions of Power (their weakest release imo) I eventually found their original LP simply called "Triumph". The front cover had head shots of them and they looked really young.

Here's a strange video of Blinding Light Show that has no rhyme or reason, but the song simply kicks ass. This was up there with Ordinary Man and Fight the Good Fight as my top favorites
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vxcQ6wyKtfs&feature=related[/ame]

Steve I had the version listed here. http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/triumph.htm
which did have Blinding Light Show. Seeing that song live left me :OMG: Just so you know Triumph's whole Discography has been remastered and rereleased. The CD's sound great! Whole new life to them. There were 2 other albums before R&R Machine. In the Begining and Triumph. Weird that there are a couple different versions of R&R Machine though.

Yeah, I had both "In the beginning" which was the same as "Triumph". You had the same R&RM I did, but my cover was different. Mine showed the band playing live on stage with two huge explosions going off. The CD version of R&RM I have has "New York City Streets parts one and two" rather than Blinding Light Show, and then a song called "The City". They're ok, but pale in comparison to Blinding Light Show.

Ok Gary, I figured out what happened. Below are the track listings for the first two albums called "Triumph" and "Rock and Roll Machine". After they signed with the new label, they re-released "Rock and Roll Machine" by combining the two albums. It had three different covers. You and I had different covers but the re-release track listing. Eventually they renamed the first album "In the beginning". I just ordered "Triumph" so I can finally have a CD copy of Blinding Light Show. I'll pick up a CD version of PoP and I'll finally have the whole collection on CD AND Vinyl. Yeah, you could say I'm a fan, LOL

Triumph
1. 24 Hours a Day (4:28)
2. Be My Lover (3:19)
3. Don't Take My Life (5:02)
4. Street Fighter (3:28)
5. Street Fighter (Reprise) (3:02)
6. What's Another Day of Rock & Roll (4:51)
7. Easy Life (3:55)
8. Let Me Get Next to You (3:02)
9. Blinding Light Show/Moonchild (8:44)

Rock and Roll Machine
1. Takes Time (3:49)
2. Bringing It on Home (4:37)
3. Little Texas Shaker (3:27)
4. New York City Streets, Pt. 1 (3:10)
5. New York City Streets, Pt. 2 (4:42)
6. TheCity: War March/El Duende Agonizante/Minstrel's Lament (9:36)
7. Rocky Mountain Way (*) (4:07)
8. Rock & Roll Machine (6:58)

It cracks me up when bands buy out one person in the band ( when incorparated), usually the most talented one and use the name and keep touring , Grand Funk bought out Mark Farner and tour as Grand Funk with 2 original members , 3 Dog Night bought out Chuck Negron toured as 3 DN but are really 2 dog night , 1 died and now they may reform, both lead singers , Floyd, Genisis bought out Peter Gabriel another lead singer , you get the picture , now they are all getting back together because they realize they were better off together and the money and the fact that as you get older you learn to forgivr forget and move on , plus I think they were so high they forgot what they were fighting for , STP is even gonna tour, just a thought

It cracks me up when bands buy out one person in the band ( when incorparated), usually the most talented one and use the name and keep touring , Grand Funk bought out Mark Farner and tour as Grand Funk with 2 original members , 3 Dog Night bought out Chuck Negron toured as 3 DN but are really 2 dog night , 1 died and now they may reform, both lead singers , Floyd, Genisis bought out Peter Gabriel another lead singer , you get the picture , now they are all getting back together because they realize they were better off together and the money and the fact that as you get older you learn to forgivr forget and move on , plus I think they were so high they forgot what they were fighting for , STP is even gonna tour, just a thought

LOL. What are you smokin'? LOL. I am not sure what this has to do with , Triumph , and why there are , so many , commas with spaces , before and after them , LOL , but I just didn't understand this. At least you got me laughin'. The Producers of the "Electric Company" are rolling in their graves.

I think Stryder is talking about the fact that Rik Emmett has no rights to Triumphs music. He gets no royalties from album sales, being played on the radio or merchandise. When Rik quit the band, Gil and Mike wanted to keep the name and keep going. They had a verbal agreement that if one member wanted to call it quits Triumph the band, the name and everything would stop. Gil and Mike put Rik through 7 years of litigation and finally settled (bought Rik out) for I think it was 3 million dollars. Kinda sucks when his songs were the ones that got the most radio play and actually made the band famous.

The lineup has been announced for this year's Rocklahoma, which will be held July 10-13, 2008 at the Catch The Fever Festival Grounds, four miles north of Pryor, Oklahoma. The main-stage billing is shaping up as follows:

Thursday, July 10:

BRET MICHAELS (headlining)
L.A. GUNS
ENUFF Z'NUFF (possible Jake E. Lee appearance)
VAIN
HOUSE OF LORDS
JETBOY

Friday, July 11:

TRIUMPH (headlining)
EXTREME (co-headlining)
NIGHT RANGER
KINGDOM COME
ARMORED SAINT
XYZ

Saturday, July 12:

CINDERELLA
WARRANT (with Jani Lane)
KIX
TRIXTER
BLACK 'N BLUE
TORA TORA
EVERY MOTHER'S NIGHTMARE
PRETTY BOY FLOYD

Sunday, July 13:

[Major act yet to be announced]
TESLA
LYNCH MOB (with Tommy Aldridge, Marco Mendoza)
ZEBRA
BEAUTIFUL CREATURES
AXE