Trivium's new video

I dunno that I'd go wild over them being on the bill, but I certainly wouldn't revolt. They put on a very solid, energetic show when I saw them open for Overkill a few years ago, and I'd not object to seeing them again.

I don't personally care for them at all, but 1 band on the bill that i dont like does not make me angry in the least, theres 13 other bands to enjoy over the weekend.

i say book em if your wanting to.

I love this band and would book them if you bastards wouldn't revolt on me.

Hehe ... I think you'll have to book them NOW if you want to have them at the festival. Come a year or two down the line, you won't be able to afford to book Trivium. I saw 'em live in Copenhagen 2 weeks ago - brilliant show - they will become HUGE in a short while and Center Stage won't be big enough for them and you won't have the $$$ to book 'em :) But hell yeah, I totally support the idea of you getting them on PP :headbang:

c.

I think most of the uproar is over the fact that they're basically 80s Metallica right now so a lot of people don't think they're very original.
The issue with PP is what slot do they play. They're probably one record away from being too big for PP but they've really only got one record that I think the standard PP fan would be able to stomach with their first two being metalcore.

Glenn, I can promise you that they'd get a better reception at ProgPower than they have while touring with Iron Maiden or Metallica. I.E. We aren't going to throw piss filled balloons at them, and I highly doubt anybody would boo any band off the stage.

Never really been a fan of Trivium. I recognize their talents and respect them for what they do, but they're just not my thing.

I do agree with what Zod said with fans praising them too highly and haters bashing them too much.

Revolt is such a harsh word! :p

I've seen them once when they were one of the opening bands for Children of Bodom and I really enjoyed their set -- lots of energy. I don't really care for their latest CD though but that wouldn't prevent me from enjoying seeing them live again. If you want 'em go get 'em! :headbang: Especially if, as Hoyt so eloquently put it, they are "opening for the returning and headlining Therion!" :)