Trivium's new video

Not bad, i'll be honest i've never really given them much of a chance cause I figured they were just another *core band, but musically I liked it. Vocals were not really my thing, but they weren't bad. If you want them Glenn, then book them. Like someone else said, there's 13 other bands playing.... those that don't like them can simply not watch.

I think that Into Eternity is as close to metalcore as you can book without a revolt from me sir.

I am one of those that slam them too badly, mostly because I can't stand the scene for which they stand -- bland, uninspired American metalcore. I think that they have talented musicians, but something is lost in there somewhere that I find not enjoyable. And the vocals are not my cup o' tea.

I would easily want to see them! Fuck yeah!

As long as they aren't doing it in the middle of a very long tour, so they're not tired and stale like the last time I saw them. Started great, but the sound guy UGLIFIED their tone and balance between solos, and they weren't nearly as physically engaging on stage as compared to a year and a half ago. But hey, the road takes it out of you, I guess. Either that or the money softened them up a bit? Whatever.

They slay on stage. I'd definitely be front and center. PLUS they'd have far FAR better sound than Harpo's would give them.

TRIVIUM
ICED EARTH
EDGUY
VISION DIVINE
SYMPHORCE

MANTICORA
ANGRA
EPICA
DREAMSCAPE
HELLFUELED

In no particular order. That'd be a show to see!

TRIVIUM
ICED EARTH
EDGUY
VISION DIVINE
SYMPHORCE

MANTICORA
ANGRA
EPICA
DREAMSCAPE
HELLFUELED

It'd be a show I'd skip, honestly. Too many repeats and aside from Iced Earth no one I'd really particularly miss seeing that I probably couldn't see locally for a lot cheaper.

To rehash slightly old wounds... would Whitesnake/Trivium make a great metal show? Certainly. Would either be embraced at a PP by the diehard prog/power fanboys? Definitely not. The townsfolk would surely grab skillets, torches, and pitchforks.

All the same, I saw Trivium on the '05 US trek w/Bodom and Amon Amarth and found them rather unimpressive and easily outclassed. Yes, they were younger then... but maturing into a self-professed Metallica-biting band on the Crusade was not the step forward I anticipated following Ascendancy.

BUT, when one literally has a "Balls of Steel" plaque in one's possession... I suppose anything is possible when it comes to this matter.

I saw them headline last October and they were excellent. It's different when they have their own equipment, sound guy, crew, and setup. I also saw them with COB and AMON AMARTH and there was no comparison to their headline show.

I wouldn't object to 'em playing, as I saw them a few years ago and thought they were great for a very young (then) band.

I'd give them a few songs to see what they sounded like, and then either stay or go hang in the lobby. (There are very few bands who I'd dismiss out-of-hand, especially at PP.)

I'd rather you didn't book them. Then again there's always a need to spend time at the vendors at some point.

I would easily want to see them! Fuck yeah!

As long as they aren't doing it in the middle of a very long tour, so they're not tired and stale like the last time I saw them. Started great, but the sound guy UGLIFIED their tone and balance between solos, and they weren't nearly as physically engaging on stage as compared to a year and a half ago. But hey, the road takes it out of you, I guess. Either that or the money softened them up a bit? Whatever.

They slay on stage. I'd definitely be front and center. PLUS they'd have far FAR better sound than Harpo's would give them.

TRIVIUM
ICED EARTH
EDGUY
VISION DIVINE
SYMPHORCE

MANTICORA
ANGRA
EPICA
DREAMSCAPE
HELLFUELED

FUCK!! With THAT lineup, my heart would explode somewhere between Trivium, IE, Maticora and Edguy!! I'd havta bring my own paddles!!

Chris :headbang:

I would LOVE to see Trivium at PP. They are the kind of band that I wouldn't likely pay to go see on their own, but would like to see. Since I'll be at ProgPower anyway, it's an excellent chance. I've seen many bands like that at ProgPower.

Trivium >>>>>>>>>> New Ozzy

Well, I for one think this kind of mall kids gibberish has no place at Progpower our in the mind of our faithful and extrordinary leader. Glenn you need to get to one of those places that cleanse your mind of cult teachings and fast! ;-)