TROUBLE - show review May 18, 2002

wildfyr

unus spiritus est
Oct 10, 2001
real-time
eyesoffyr.com
WHAT?: Chances R Reunion Bash (Chances R is a bygone Chicago area rock club.)

WHERE?: Penny Road Pub - South Barrington, Illinois (U.S.A.)

WHO?: Trouble, Stonehenge, Rebels Without Applause, A Goldfish Named Blade

WHEN?: May 18, 2002

WHY? METAL OF COURSE!

THE TROUBLE SET:
R.I.P.
Come Touch the Sky
The Sleeper
At the End of My Daze
Plastic Green Head
Going Home (new song)
? - (new song)
The Misery Shows (Act II)
Fear
Memory's Garden
Psychotic Reaction

**Piss break** :heh: and then they came back out and played pieces of tunes (A Sinner's Fame, et al) that Eric doesn't remember due to, as he put it, "all that clean living in my past". :lol: :lol: (Bruce looked a little dismayed.) ;-) then they continued on with..

Pray for the Dead - !!Hol-e-shit!! WOOHOO! what a treat that was. it just kicked all sorts of drunken ass, as did the final two of the set..

The Tempter
Bastards Will Pay

oh-my-god this band still has it. man oh man do they still have it...in SPADES! the screaming twin guitar attack from Bruce and Rick is as sharp as ever. :yow: as is the thunderous rhythmic backbone of Ron and Oly. it's amazing to watch. and Eric? :D well, i'll tell you he is ON when he remembers his lines. =) it's even more beautiful for those of us who are familiar with the material and saw them do it back in the day. just killer! you could tell who we were in the crowd by watching the fist and horns in the air, and the heads a 'bobbin' up and down at the appropriate moments. it was a reunion show for an old 80s/early- to mid-90's club, so some of us old farts were really whoopin' it up out in South Barrington tonight. :headbang:

we didn't get to hear them do "Rain" tonight but they did it two weeks ago in the new and improved Riley's RockHouse (nka: RockHouse U.S.A.) in Aurora, their home town. (pics here: http://my.core.com/AE/88/wildfyr/images/trouble/may02/) that song was written about Eric's son. he was in attendance that night and was standing floor level, stage left. i think he might be in pic #3. i'm not sure if it's him though.

anyway, there was a huge difference in the size of the tonight's crowd compared to the May 4 show in Aurora. tonight it was packed! two weeks ago there was a power outage during the opening band's set that lasted just over an hour and a lot of folks left. those of us who hung in there were treated i guess.

GOD i love living here. don't think i'd trade it for anything. :)

edit: :s i quoted him in the 3rd person. :eek: all that clean living in the PRESENT! :lol: ...