trying to get close to aild tone

s34nsm411

May 3, 2004
Im trying to get a new metal template going from scratch by matching it to an as i lay dying song. Im having some trouble getting the mix to sound as 'smooth' as the cd though, maybe thats not the right word but im not sure how to explain it; i feel like my drum hits are too sharp or something and stand out in the mix in a bad way

but anyway, hows this sound?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=522744
"through struggle test"

just guitar and drums by the way, my bassist took his bass back
emot-argh.gif

Sounds relli good dude im a fuckin huge aild fan... to match the drums find more of a drum machine sound liek those drums still sound to natrural if u listen to the records its sounds completly fake thats the sound they were trying to achive but its still ick anyways what did u track tth drums with just wondering..

Andrew msg me or right back,

heavenshell said:
Sounds relli good dude im a fuckin huge aild fan... to match the drums find more of a drum machine sound liek those drums still sound to natrural if u listen to the records its sounds completly fake thats the sound they were trying to achive but its still ick anyways what did u track tth drums with just wondering..

Andrew msg me or right back,

the drums are all drumkit from hell superior with a modified sonar of metal kit, and then i used the sneap drumagog samples mixed in around 50%. on the drum master bus i have some convolution reverb for the ambience and a compressor