Trying to make may first snare samples how do these sound?

jsaudio

Dec 30, 2010
Hey guys,

I am thinking about sampling this snare, I recorded multiple velocity hits but this is the hard hits. I tried to process them some. Used audix i5 on top, sm57 on bottom, AT4040 OH mic and AT4040 as room mic.

There is parallel compression, eq , envelope shaper and soundtoys decapitator with a TINy bit of analog distortion.

Let me know if this would be worth cutting up and trying to make samples out of!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9463730/Snare Sample Hard Hits.mp3

After listening back on monitors, this doesn't sound nearly as bad as I thought.

I've just went through like 12 hours of drum tuning over the course of 3-4 days and our drummers snare is a bit ringy like this and seems hard to get rid of the ugly resonances.

Decided to not use this one just too much ring that I can't get rid of no matter what thanks for all the input

Sounds strange. A weird almost vibrato type ring going on. Might be my laptop speakers.

Ok, this is off topic, sorry. But - I just happened to notice that my post says "Might be speakers", when I did type "Might be my laptop speakers". And that exact phrase shows up right now in the message body/quote of myself, but not on the actual post.

0.o