Tuning down my LTD fx360

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Haha got it today, factory new :Smokin:

Question. I wanna tune it down, it´s still standard E tuning of course. Are certain set-ups needed, or is it enough simply using the right string strenght?

I usually use drop B tunings. Any tipps or string recommendations? It´s the first time I own a guitar without floyd rose tremolo..(just for rythm tracks in the studio).

:headbang:

Congrats on the guitar!

About tuning it down...for drop b I used the "not so slinky" set from ernie ball, but the low string was too floppy in a 24'75" guitar, so maybe using a 59 would be a good idea ;)

Besides that, filing the nut, truss rod adjustments, intonation...and you should be set :)

Thanks dude! :)

filing the nut, truss rod adjustments, intonation

Meh unfortunately I suck in doing this..respectively I always gave guitars to the workshop. I were never the repair guy, ya know ;) So it seems like I have to learn this shit, or my giving it to the workshop again.

Man it's so ultra comfortable to play, even when standing. I have some problems playing the same stuff on my MH-1000 while standing :erk:

I'm using a 60 from my low A string on my 7 string, and its a 26.5 scale guitar. But on my 25.5 scale 6 string, I used to have to use at least a 60 to tune down to B. The 60 on my 7 string can be tuned down to F# easily without it flapping around at all, it stays firm :D I don't know how, but the extra inch helped!

It's a gibson scale guitar, that's why I suggested that gauge...
Then again, I used a 56 for a low C ( on a lp standard) and it wasn't tight enough.
It all depends on Felix's picking style and preference on string tension anyway :kickass:

+1

If he wants a djent'y low BOWWWW low B sound, then he should go for the heaviest string possible, a 72 even, because it sounds more like a bass then :D

+1

If he wants a djent'y low BOWWWW low B sound, then he should go for the heaviest string possible, a 72 even, because it sounds more like a bass then :D

Ive always been under the impression that this "djent" is more applicable among lighter gauge strings as you get more of the "twang" rather than the "woof".

Ive always been under the impression that this "djent" is more applicable among lighter gauge strings as you get more of the "twang" rather than the "woof".

Yeah actually, I'm getting confused lol A lighter string will "bounce" more to give it that djent sound, but I don't think he wants the djent sound :D

But the heavy strings are perfect for sludge, Mistress songs sound great with heavy strings :D

Ive got a .60 in on my 7 string in standard, feels decent, anything below that and I felt the string wobbled too much for the faster playing styles. With a FX being a shorter scale id recommend a .60, that would be a happy medium. Being a touch slacker with the scale length yet still thick enough to retain the right tension balance.

Ordered :) Thank you, Ola.

@James, absolutely. I made the same experience. And I´m definitively more a fan of this "twang". Sometimes guitars with light strings, downtuned sounded absolutely brutal, but I hate when it´s so loose. So finding the best way in the middle lies at hand..at least for me.

Thanks guys for your help! :kickass: