Tuning Issue

MoTang

Jan 27, 2014
So on my Jackson Pro Series Dinky has had a tuning issue that I can't recall it having before.

The g-string keeps falling out of tune, and only after I stretch the string like a thousand times does it actually stay in tune after a full step bend.

Here's the full story. I was having this issue with the guitar with old strings, so I figured that maybe old strings was the problem. So I put new strings on the guitar (11-49 D'Addario I believe) for Drop C. I stretched the strings, and the G-string seemed to hold in tune.

Then, after I picked up the guitar again maybe a day or two later, I had the problem again. So I stretched the string, and problem was solved.

The next day however, the string had the same problem...again! After one full step bend the guitar falls out of tune.

The guitar has a floyd rose trem blocked off both ways (it doesn't move at all, even when bending). Therefore, I also don't have the locking tuners on the nut.

Is this normal? Is there something wrong? Am I doing something wrong?

Forgot to mention that I also lubricated the nut with a pencil and still no luck.

First off, that's some thin strings for drop c IMO.
Always lock the nut, it helps a lot.
Some guitars just won't keep the tuning for some reason, the g string is notoriously the worst one. But try clamping down on everything you can first.
I have played jacksons with floyds for 8 years with no hiccups, but I used appropriately thick strings for the tuning and locked down on the nut every time.

Good luck :)

So I should move to 11-56 maybe and then lock the nut? If I move to a thicker gauge though that would mean resetting my guitar right or should I be fine?

Also wisheraser, I'm from sk too...lol

Edit: I locked the nut and yeah, no tuning issues. I guess that even with the Floyd rose blocked off both ways you still should lock the nut. I guess the string gauge had nothing to do with it.