Turisas at Nottingham Rock City. 26/10/06

Nikolai

Fuck the guitar solos!
Hey guys. I went to the show at Rock City, and Turisas played amazingly! After they had finished, me and my friends went to get some beer, and lo and behold, when we had walked around for a bit, we bumped into a couple of the guys. So, perfect photo opportunity. Anyway, exellent show! If i could remember the set list I would post, all i can remember is Battle Metal was last, and One More was in their too somewhere. Unfortunatly, they did not play The Land Of Hope And Glory, which pissed me off a bit, so when i saw Olli, i told him they should play it on the next tour. Anyway, all in all, perfect gig, couldnt have been better (unless i got drunk with them and they took me on tour with them :D) Best gig i've been too.

Hail th high ones,
Hail Turisas!
Nikola

yes its nessesary!, each turisas gig is unique, they seem to do something different each time just to entertain the fans reguardless to how much it takes out of them(thus it being worth while to see as many of their gigs as possible) and its cool to disguss that with people who where there and know what you're going on about.
besides that, in general its good to know who else was there so they might regail you with their own stories of that particular gig. in addition, you might have met people there who you wish to speak with again and if ou have one post for all gigs of a certain tour, its going to make all of those things vastyly more difficult.

-e

suns_recline said:
yes its nessesary!, each turisas gig is unique, they seem to do something different each time just to entertain the fans reguardless to how much it takes out of them(thus it being worth while to see as many of their gigs as possible) and its cool to disguss that with people who where there and know what you're going on about.
besides that, in general its good to know who else was there so they might regail you with their own stories of that particular gig. in addition, you might have met people there who you wish to speak with again and if ou have one post for all gigs of a certain tour, its going to make all of those things vastyly more difficult.

-e
haha well, we are just jealous, that's why, and can't you understand, that it burns our hearts when we see all those threads then? :) but it's funny to see how the UK discovers a band which is pretty known in mid-europe for some time now, and how the average year of a turisas fan decreases the more they play :) and yes, each gig is "unique" although it's the same things repeating with little changes. i don't know how many times you saw them so far, but believe an old woman like me, it gets (at least a little) boring after seing the (more or less) same show for 11 times now :)

melchen said:
haha well, we are just jealous, that's why, and can't you understand, that it burns our hearts when we see all those threads then? :) but it's funny to see how the UK discovers a band which is pretty known in mid-europe for some time now, and how the average year of a turisas fan decreases the more they play :) and yes, each gig is "unique" although it's the same things repeating with little changes. i don't know how many times you saw them so far, but believe an old woman like me, it gets (at least a little) boring after seing the (more or less) same show for 11 times now :)
meh, i think the amount of fun is measured by the person themselves really.
tis true about the fact that the band is only just being discovered in the uk by most, but i have traveled to other countries to see them so im pretty detached from the 'scene' here(not really a bad thing since alot of it seems to involve trivium and the likes *shudder*)
but yes, turisas dont actually come here too often so there isnt too much to be jealous of, lol. Thus when they do come here, there are so many threads. i think its a pretty common thing among metal fans over here when a some what rarely visiting bands comes over.
11 times?, thats pretty impressive, i've only seen them half of that, lol. stupid obligations.
as for the minor tweaks, considering the calaber of performance's in the uk, its the little things that get us all riled up, :p.
for instance, everyone loves 'fuck the guitar solo's' but never again will we get to see them drag petri onstage in a towel, haha.

that was legendary.

-e

UK is pretty deprived of bands such as Turisas doing tours outside of London, so has been a nice breath of fresh air to see them in our local venues (never ever imagined i'd see Turisas at the Birmingham Academy) - though sometimes our deprevation is a blessing as this experience has no doubt led a fair few nu metal 'cool' kids to like Turisas, which could eventually become a sight for sore eyes.

Lets be fair. Turisas aint been wowing Europe that long. They've got one album out for Christs sake and almost got the headline slot at Bloodstock over here in the UK so for once we aint that far behind.

I've seen them a mere three times but their live act is second to none , and it's not like the CDs a slouch either! They could no doubt do with some new material now but in terms of onstage charisma and entertainment they are fantastic. Not every band incorporates saunas into their set , lol!

Hail Turisas!

Septic Anus said:
Not every band incorporates saunas into their set , lol!
QUOTE]

haha, that was ace.

did you see the guy dressed as a viking in the croud just shouting 'warlord' over and over?
he was a legend.
at least half assed real chainmail, helmet ect and a fucking plastic sword, XD.
what a drunk drunk lege.

-e

suns_recline said:
haha, that was ace.

did you see the guy dressed as a viking in the croud just shouting 'warlord' over and over?
he was a legend.
at least half assed real chainmail, helmet ect and a fucking plastic sword, XD.
what a drunk drunk lege.

-e

Be glad you didnt have to stand next to him and his smelly farts :p those were an event in itself hah, at least he had the decency to own up to them though ;)

"Heathen!" hah.