[GIG] Nottingham Rock City 15/09/2007

S92

New Metal Member
Dec 3, 2006
Hey,

I've pretty much just got back from the gig, and it was absolutely amazing!

Turisas were very tight, and put on an amazing show! I loved every minute of their set. Especially Miklagard Overture which ended the set, the song was just so epic, I loved it!

I'll post pictures and video's etc. tomorrow.

I didn't think Abgott were good, but I'm not into black/epic metal anyway.

Everyone who's going to on of the other gigs, you'll love it! They're really amazing.

Thanks Turisas for putting on an amazing show!

Oh and one thing that I was pretty annoyed about is that as me and my Dad were driving away we saw some of the guys signing stuff outside the tourbus, I'm gutted I left just before that. But the gig was still amazing!

All the best, rock on!
S92

Yeah, i got back about an hour ago.. it was truly awesome.

..and just to rub it in.. i was there with them at the tourbuses :p ..got some stuff signed and a couple of photo's.

I wasn't really bothered about Abgott.. i mean, im not a massive fan of Black metal.. but i think it has a good atmosphere live.. but like all black/death metal.. if you don't know the songs, when they're played live they just sound like a wall of noise really, so you can't hear the notes and details as well.

Still though, could've been a worse support band. They weren't too bad IMO, but they would have been a lot better if i was a fan of them before hand and new the songs.

Turisas were amazing though.. it was seriously great to have all the brass and choir sounds too.. i was not expecting them to play 'The Dnieper Rapids'.. i was thrilled they played that song. :D

..and just to rub it in.. i was there with them at the tourbuses :p ..got some stuff signed and a couple of photo's.

Ah, you lucky ass hole.

I'll remember to wait outside the tourbuses next time :p.

I'm just looking at the pictures now, I'll upload a few that are of good quality. I also got videos of them coming onstage and Rasputin and Battle Metal.

Cheers,
S92

Awesome Aden, sounds like you had an awesome time. :) I wish I got my ticket instead of fannying about, anyways up for it again on Thursday? XD

Yeah, i got back about an hour ago.. it was truly awesome.

I wasn't really bothered about Abgott.. i mean, im not a massive fan of Black metal.. but i think it has a good atmosphere live.. but like all black/death metal.. if you don't know the songs, when they're played live they just sound like a wall of noise really, so you can't hear the notes and details as well.

Still though, could've been a worse support band. They weren't too bad IMO, but they would have been a lot better if i was a fan of them before hand and new the songs.

Turisas were amazing though.. it was seriously great to have all the brass and choir sounds too.. i was not expecting them to play 'The Dnieper Rapids'.. i was thrilled they played that song. :D

To be honest I find that a similar situation when I have the (misfortune) of seeing these generic mass-produced Indie bands. Being a Black or Death metal act has nothing to do with it.

sounds god. i'm supposed to be in manchester right now. but arn't am here at home in good old leeds....amd so fucking unbelivabley gutted i couldn't go in the end,one of my mates let me down big time and the other was too ill too go...couldn't really go by myself on the coach and wonder through manchester at like hallf 11 at night (being fairly young)....but ARRRRRRGGGHH. Fucking hell. Gutted doesn't even describe this feelingl.

my turn tomorrow! (newcastle) :D i'm really annoyed about having to take my card with me cause all night i'll be feeling my pocket to make sure it's not been nicked ¬_¬ oh well!

Have fun.. i'm sure you'll frickin LOVE it!.. this tour seems to be full of some of.. if not, their BEST performences yet.

Haha.. are you having to collect at the doors then?

well! in the email i got from seetickets it said i needed my reference number and my credit card, but when i got there all i had to do was tell the girl my bloody name and initials! oh well, at least nothing got nicked.
turisas were fantastic :D and they are all lovely as well. i wasn't sure about abgott while they were on cause even though their music's good i couldn't tell if they were one of those bands that take themselves WAY too seriously, but then i met them outside and they're not like that at all. the bassist is called tim, i thought that was hilarious. he assured me that black-metallers do in fact spend all their time being grim in forests wearing corpse-paint :lol: i suspected as much!