[GIG] 8.-10.6.2007 Download Festival, Donington Park (UK)

meaningles sex?

well, I had at least one festival behind me (festung in germany)... but I need more. (unfortunatly no Turisas either, but I'm waiting for a full headline tour.)

nope.

although it has some great bands, its way too expensive (the summer just has just begun) and big.
not that bad as Download i guess, but shitty enough.

nope.

although it has some great bands, its way too expensive (the summer just has just begun) and big.
not that bad as Download i guess, but shitty enough.

I know a couple of guys from the BH forums are going. I guess I wasnt invited. :) .

On a serious note, there is no way I could afford Graspop and Metalcamp, and Bloodstock, so I guess im more than happy not to go. Metalcamp has taken me 3 months of saving, 1 month of 'look at all this money, I cannot touch.' So yeah perhaps next year?:erk:

Oh, and I caught your Violin Bow Olli, woo \m/ tis kick ass that you've also signed it. Was going to go to the signing tent but never knew you guys were there :(

thats not fair :mad: lolol.. i want a sweaty Turisas bow!! :)

I also was a bit unhappy to hear that Turisas were playing Download.. as i am one of those who usually hated Download and didnt want to go near it.. but Turisas were an acception :)

I went on the saturday... go near the front with my axe :heh:
(you can see it on one of the fan videos on youtube)
It was a great show as always.. just a shame Turisas didn't get longer!

Also, why were there no Keyboards :cry:

I mean, okay, you could hardly notice while in the crowd getting caught in moshpits etc. but Battle Metal especially didn't sound as epic without the brass sounds. And i know that the Keyboardist is only a studio/part-time member, but he was there at Bloodstock.

Meh

Still, it was a great time.. until they finished.. where i had to spend the day watching nothing spectacular.

Although, seeing Vinnie Paul (Dimebag's Brother just incase some of you didnt know) was pretty cool.. and Slayer were OK, but to be honest, i dont really have too much of a soft spot for Slayer..

:)

They were indeed good, shame about the short set. Did anyone catch Parikrama on the Sunday? They were kinda like an Indian version of Turisas.

Dude, Download, that sucks, its a sad day for turisas to be playing such a wank fest, i can understand you wanting to get your music out there to the masses but playing a fest that is bassed around the 14 year old kids that think korn are death metal is never a good thing, its going to be like been dragonforce all over again.

And where did you get that information from? I was at Korn and let me tell you the majority of people crammed into that tent weren't 14 years old.
Perhaps you have a problem with bands becoming popular or attracting the wrong type of fans. As soon as Turisas follow a similar route no doubt you'll drop 'em like a hot potato.

Anyways I WAS at Download, and to those who are cynical over it's commercial endorsements or bands on the bill go join the other 'troo black metal' hypocrites at Wacken. Turisas were fantastic and certainly got the crowd going - particuarly judging by all the red and black painted faces that kept appearing on the big screens.

Good to see Orange Goblin, My Dying Bride, Dream Theater, Paradise Lost, Forever Never, The Answer and of course Turisas on the bill.

Third year going, and will most certainly be going back next year.

And where did you get that information from? I was at Korn and let me tell you the majority of people crammed into that tent weren't 14 years old.
Perhaps you have a problem with bands becoming popular or attracting the wrong type of fans. As soon as Turisas follow a similar route no doubt you'll drop 'em like a hot potato.
You do realise this was supposed to be neither a literal nor serious estimate? It was a mockery of the undeniably low age that averages the download goers, said out of sarcasm.
I am also not sure how you thought pointing out the korn tent not being full of 14 year olds would change that many ignorant kids do believe korn is death metal.

Both of your rants were pretty much unjustified and inane due to their lack of actual argument to be fair.

Debating the issue is cool but random ignorant assumption based ranting is pointless in a place like this and I have no doubt someone will more than likely pick up on this and give you and ear bashing, :p.
You complained about the assumptions made about download. I go to Wacken every year without fail. I don’t rant and rave about being ‘tr00 black metal’ ect and in fact tend to listen to are rather healthy range of genres, both in and outside of metal.

It is amusing that you used the term ‘hypocrite’ whilst dishing out uneducated assumptions about one festival and its goers in retaliation to the same thing being done towards the festival you were defending.

Well, I’m off home now. Feel free to take all of that in a dramatic way. It is after all the internet, and the internet is serious business.
XP

-e

You do realise this was supposed to be neither a literal nor serious estimate? It was a mockery of the undeniably low age that averages the download goers, said out of sarcasm.
I am also not sure how you thought pointing out the korn tent not being full of 14 year olds would change that many ignorant kids do believe korn is death metal.

Both of your rants were pretty much unjustified and inane due to their lack of actual argument to be fair.

Debating the issue is cool but random ignorant assumption based ranting is pointless in a place like this and I have no doubt someone will more than likely pick up on this and give you and ear bashing, :p.
You complained about the assumptions made about download. I go to Wacken every year without fail. I don’t rant and rave about being ‘tr00 black metal’ ect and in fact tend to listen to are rather healthy range of genres, both in and outside of metal.

It is amusing that you used the term ‘hypocrite’ whilst dishing out uneducated assumptions about one festival and its goers in retaliation to the same thing being done towards the festival you were defending.

Well, I’m off home now. Feel free to take all of that in a dramatic way. It is after all the internet, and the internet is serious business.
XP

-e

XP

-e

I'm yet to find a person who thinks KoRn are death metal...maybe I'm looking in the wrong place I guess.

I can only go on the information I'm reading - regarding; "Both of your rants were pretty much unjustified and inane due to their lack of actual argument to be fair."

I personally don't see my post(s) as ignorant when the information i'm giving isn't being met with effective critisim.

I'm not to bothered about what people think of Download or indeed it's festival-goers, but i've seen first hand the comparisions people make with Wacken and Download.

BTW i'm not the one making an essay over an Internet post, so maybe you should adhere to your own comments.

i would've gone for turisas, within temptation, dream theater and a few others, but i didn't like enough of the bands to be willing to pay that much. you would've had to pay ME to endure some of them :lol:
although now i'm a bit gutted because it turns out i'm not able to go to any other festivals this summer (i had wanted to go to graspop and/or bloodstock) because i'm being dragged away on holiday...booooo. :cry: at least i saw turisas at BOA last year, i suppose...
also, it's great to see that they are growing in popularity. i think it's kind of childish to resent bands for becoming popular, unless they have dramatically changed their music/image for the sole reason of commercial success. which turisas haven't, and probably never will.

I'm yet to find a person who thinks KoRn are death metal...maybe I'm looking in the wrong place I guess.

I can only go on the information I'm reading - regarding; "Both of your rants were pretty much unjustified and inane due to their lack of actual argument to be fair."

I personally don't see my post(s) as ignorant when the information i'm giving isn't being met with effective critisim.

I'm not to bothered about what people think of Download or indeed it's festival-goers, but i've seen first hand the comparisions people make with Wacken and Download.

BTW i'm not the one making an essay over an Internet post, so maybe you should adhere to your own comments.

Lol, Best thing about forums. they are just that, forums.
Public debate, :p.
I would call it an essay to if it were longer and written in the style of an essay. I could do it all in faux l337 to shorten it down for you next time if you wish, lol.

'I personally don't see my post(s) as ignorant when the information i'm giving isn't being met with effective critisim.'
They were both ignorant and hypocritical rants. You even admit to merely going on 'the information (you're) reading'.
In addition, If you are so very 'not bothered' by what people think of download and its goers, why did you enter a public forum to debate(or in your case rant and call people names) the issue?

Mah, Sorry this one can't be an 'essay' I must resume my work.

-e

Lol, Best thing about forums. they are just that, forums.
Public debate, :p.
I would call it an essay to if it were longer and written in the style of an essay. I could do it all in faux l337 to shorten it down for you next time if you wish, lol.

'I personally don't see my post(s) as ignorant when the information i'm giving isn't being met with effective critisim.'
They were both ignorant and hypocritical rants. You even admit to merely going on 'the information (you're) reading'.
In addition, If you are so very 'not bothered' by what people think of download and its goers, why did you enter a public forum to debate(or in your case rant and call people names) the issue?

Mah, Sorry this one can't be an 'essay' I must resume my work.

-e

I don't buy into Internet slang (i.e. l337, nOOb et. all)...sorry.

So whos wrong in such circumstances??? The person replying to the post or the person who created the post in the first place??? Personally I do not see nothing wrong with that post...or indeed any of my posts so far.

Because, as you so quite rightly put it; it's public debate. Just because our opinions don't match doesn't mean it can be put down as anything more than a mere contrast of opinions.

If I'm to 'be bothered' about anything from this 'debate', I'd much like that to be evidence of these 14 year olds thinking KoRn are Death Metal.

I was 13-14 when Nu-Metal was 'big business' and despite having little or no knowledge on the more extreme metals (i.e. Black and Death) I knew KoRn more certainly not a band that would fall into either of these categories.

I don't buy into Internet slang (i.e. l337, nOOb et. all)...sorry.

So whos wrong in such circumstances??? The person replying to the post or the person who created the post in the first place??? Personally I do not see nothing wrong with that post...or indeed any of my posts so far.

Because, as you so quite rightly put it; it's public debate. Just because our opinions don't match doesn't mean it can be put down as anything more than a mere contrast of opinions.

If I'm to 'be bothered' about anything from this 'debate', I'd much like that to be evidence of these 14 year olds thinking KoRn are Death Metal.

I was 13-14 when Nu-Metal was 'big business' and despite having little or no knowledge on the more extreme metals (i.e. Black and Death) I knew KoRn more certainly not a band that would fall into either of these categories.

Heh, I’m hardly telling you not to express your opinion here so please refrain from that implication.
The reason I even spoke was because all you seemed to do was implying faux fandom of other members, make sweeping generalisations of people who attend other festivals and spouting general assumptions based off of information that you had failed to verify.

I fail to see why you insist in bringing up the ignorant 14 year olds thing yet again that was merely a generalisation made out of sarcasm...and to that point, it was not even made by me.
Though I assure, children to this tone do exist(as do adults). Coincidently, I do not associate with 14 year olds in this day and age however, there were several similar children to this discription in my secondary school. The best thing one of them shouted at me was 'KITTY IS DEATH METAL! YOU POSER!'. Needless to say the 'nu-metallers' of portsmouth were quite inbred.

Ah yes, and just to point this out. When I do 'this' is me quoting you. You don’t need to do 'this' at random as though to outline sarcasm or words you think may need outlining.
And this is not a debate; you are making sure of that via bringing in things other people have said and trying to get me to answer them.
This essentially is a farce, :).

-e

Heh, I’m hardly telling you not to express your opinion here so please refrain from that implication.
The reason I even spoke was because all you seemed to do was implying faux fandom of other members, make sweeping generalisations of people who attend other festivals and spouting general assumptions based off of information that you had failed to verify.

I fail to see why you insist in bringing up the ignorant 14 year olds thing yet again that was merely a generalisation made out of sarcasm...and to that point, it was not even made by me.
Though I assure, children to this tone do exist(as do adults). Coincidently, I do not associate with 14 year olds in this day and age however, there were several similar children to this discription in my secondary school. The best thing one of them shouted at me was 'KITTY IS DEATH METAL! YOU POSER!'. Needless to say the 'nu-metallers' of portsmouth were quite inbred.

Ah yes, and just to point this out. When I do 'this' is me quoting you. You don’t need to do 'this' at random as though to outline sarcasm or words you think may need outlining.
And this is not a debate; you are making sure of that via bringing in things other people have said and trying to get me to answer them.
This essentially is a farce, :).

-e

I made ONE comment on ONE member, hardly a ‘sweeping generalisation’ of other members – I’ve not been on these boards long enough to do that…particularly with a mere post count of ten (not including this one).

I’m pretty sure a fair few people on this board attend the Wacken festival, yet I aimed the post in question at one statement.

However in all fairness the above statement did have pangs of experiences from other forums – ironically most have come from official Download Festival forum.

As for the 14 year old statement it came from the below post;

Dude, Download, that sucks, its a sad day for turisas to be playing such a wank fest, i can understand you wanting to get your music out there to the masses but playing a fest that is bassed around the 14 year old kids that think korn are death metal is never a good thing, its going to be like been dragonforce all over again.

Which can be found here; http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...2007-download-festival-donington-park-uk.html

So maybe you should be asking Nick Brookes why he choose the 14 year olds.

As for your Kittie comment, fair enough…I’ve had friends being called Goths for merely wearing a Green Day hoody – before American Idiot I mean.

Like you I can only go on what I’ve seen/heard and I’m afraid to say I’ve never heard anyone (regardless of age) call KoRn a death metal band, but when you hear people call bands like Linkin Park, Green Day and Metallica Satanic bands you can pretty much believe anything.

Anyways, if this thing is all one big 'farce', then why do you continue to reply? After all there are far more constructive topics out there.