[GIG] 8.-10.6.2007 Download Festival, Donington Park (UK)

Well done Turisas i say. I don't think much of Download festival but its a big metal festival in England and there not much other Festival they could play that bigger than it (Just be glad its not Glastonbury :puke: ).
Turisas music needs to be played to as many people as possible and get as many followers to join the warriors and to slaughter the other bands.
As Nick says Spears and swords at the ready there are alot shit band fans who need to be show the true way of Battle metal.

Turisas - Play - Conquer - Victory :kickass:

Ah fuck it lads! Turisas rule and they will dominate Download!

We were all once 14-year old kiddies trying to find our own musical paths! I'm still trying at the age of 26/27 goddammit :) Eventhough at least 1200 of my cds are metal I wouldn't call myself a metalhead. I'm a fan of good music, simple as that.

Sharpen your spears lads we have an army of 14 year old fan boys

Dude, you're 18 yourself. Don't call your peers boys :lol:

Btw, I like Slipknot ya fuckers!

I like Slipknot too, but it's the type of behaviour and maturity which is the problem with the kids these days... when I was 14 I might be young and unknown, but I can honestly say I never was as childish, pathetic,... like most of those kids out there...

Ah fuck it lads! Turisas rule and they will dominate Download!

Dude, you're 18 yourself. Don't call your peers boys :lol:

Btw, I like Slipknot ya fuckers!

1) Yeah, Turisas will 'Dominate', But its download, Im sure more than one fan of turisas has been :erk: at the news, For example, I've never really been a fan of the tripe that download wacks on year after year, and this year is another prime example, Donington back in the day was a metal fest, now its a fest for the band's of the hour and other commercial shite(Yes i was to young back in the day. but just look how the base line up has changed over time.) I truly do not blame turisas for taking the opportunity to play a high profile show and i hope it goes amazingly, but in my experience after bands play large shows it all goes down hill musically, as they get a market and aim to dominate it. (Hope you can see my point here)

2) I was using fan boys as a term, ive seen it chucked around UM as a slang term as somebody who licks arse of the current 'in' Band, as a reference check out the bodom forum :loco: and the constant flood of "OMG ALEXI HOW CAN I BE LIKE YOU COS WOW HOW ARE YOU SO COOL OMG AYDY LAWL"

3) Bless you for liking slipknot, :zombie: With age you shall find yourself musically. :)

I Hope you can see where i have come from, and i dont wish to come across as a complete arse :zombie:

A good taste in music does not include slipknot sorry :lol:

Basically yes. I mean, dont get me wrong im very tolleratant to taste, but the whole "OMG NYGARD" upsets me. Turisas are a good band, and a band that deserves a better crowd than guys that are going through the Nu Metal phase which Download excerises.

Mr. Lapin Kulta, hey I respect your taste, its was only an example.

it's the type of behaviour and maturity which is the problem with the kids these days...

Believe me, I know. I work with as a teacher in grades 7-9 (meaning 13-16 years olds) so I meet these whining kiddies on a daily basis :lol: I know exactly what you mean, but what I'm saying is "to each their own". If they want to be idiots and listen to, what we consider, crappy music - then let them waste their lives in peace :)

I Hope you can see where i have come from, and i dont wish to come across as a complete arse

I was just messing around matey :) I know exactly where you're coming from and I understand your sentiments. But as I said above, let fan boys be fan boys if that's their style. It doesn't affect me one bit and it shouldn't affect anyone else either.

I mean, dont get me wrong im very tolleratant to taste, but the whole "OMG NYGARD" upsets me.

Hahaha yeah I see your point. I had a pupil come up to me last week inspecting my Chaosbreed shirt. He said he liked death metal too and I asked him what his favorite bands were. The answer? Bullet for My Valentine, Hatebreed and Unearth :lol:

I think the only good on the fan side that can come of this is basically fan kids seeing Turisas, hunting down the forum, finding a few bands to reference via reading though the forum a bit, hunting the bands down on myspazz and realising that they have thus far been subjecting themselves to ear rape for the last few years, heh. Basically calling forth a complete realisation about decent music and how very VERY wrong they were.
Fact of the matter is that this will seldom happen. Most the fan kids will find the forum, join and come out with the aforementioned 'ZOMG' comments, with their shitty download forum sigs and stupidity.

I think the main issue we nay sayers are having is the idea of the fan kids and the fact that so many awesome bands have started to go down hill after doing things like download, which nobody wants, :(.

And 'manflayer' download isnt a metal festival(no i'm not about to go all KVLT elite, i promise), It is merely a festival with a semi focus on 'alternative' music. Namely 'whats hip now'(lol i said 'hip'), its just some excessivly commercial turd of a fest. This also is another thing thats being taken in a bad way, at least if extreemly commercial fests are to be graced with turisas it should be metal fests. Graspop is a good example.
But download just made alot of us cringe i think.

As for the 'they will dominate' comment. They owned wacken(or they seemed to from where i was standing, kek), download is a puddle of piss by comparison, :p, so of course they will dominate it, there is no lack of faith there, heh, :).

I too wish to know what to teach btw mr.L.K. XP

-e

hehe, been totally wrong here, no idea how it came to my mind anyway...

didn't you say anything about playing Turisas while the students did a mathtest or something?

This. The Lordi support slot was comfortable because, while they got to pwn some mainstream fans, they still got the good-sized set which they deserve. I doubt many Turisas fans will even bother to pay that much and sit through that much sub-par music to see 3 or 4 Turisas songs. And there's the Metal Hammer concert too, IMO they should stop promoting themselves so heavily in the UK, we only have a limited metal scene and there can't be that many dedicated metal fans here they haven't touched. Couldn't they do well in Scandinavia?

This post covered everything as to why Turisas should not play Download.
I till haven't seen Turisas live yet. Waiting for the second album before I really make a move to see them. And in no way could anyone drag me to Download, they could pay me to go and I'd still refuse. Sorry Turisas, you're really not worth it.