[GIG] 8.-10.6.2007 Download Festival, Donington Park (UK)

Yes Download is a pile of shite, I wouldn't go either if you paid me, BUT
It's great exposure for a relatively unkown band to the masses of pimpled faced toerags, who might just like them and go out and buy their albums.

OK mates, awesome to see how many of you are shitting their pants just because of the Download excitement! :Smug:

For your information: Turisas will be playing on SATURDAY 9th JUNE on ...drum roll please.......The MAIN STAGE!!!

Yes you read that correctly, Turisas will be opening up the Main Stage on Saturday 9th June – now you know .. you have no excuse not to witness the guys laying waste to Donington Park, so grab the nearest sword and wench and get to the stage early!

You know, this way you can also ensure that you can get a good view on Aiden and 30 Seconds to Mars :loco:

I'm being led to believe they'll be web casting Download, so people would be able to watch Turisas.

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/webcast/

They're claiming the time is GMT on there (for the time now bit), but really it's BST so it's gmt+1.

Turisas on from 11-11:25.

If someone could rip that, it'd be amazing because I won't be home on Saturday to do it myself.

O-K...

I got up earlier to watch the show, guess what, nothing.
I'm patient though...

*edit*

the show went on after all, and I liked it. Although the video sucked, the music was good.
hopefully they come back with a good line-up and tour across europe. (instead of doing single gigs, and 30 minutes shows at festivals.)

btw; Liska OR you should wair underpants, OR you should stop putting your leg on the monitor, hehe. I think I saw some testiclay...

They did indeed played it at 11:00-11:25 GMT.

Awesome gig! :kickass:

I've recorded the audio (starting half-way from To Holmgard...), pretty good quality. I have broadband, but the video still looked like a fast slide-show.

Max:headbang:

P.S if the band allows it, can I post a link to the mp3 here?

I got back from Download today (had Saturday day ticket and then stayed in the campsite over night). Turisas were great [as always] though I think they could have spiced things up a little and done something more original than the now-overused 'fuck the guitar solos' sketch, which didn't seem to go down too well amongst the Downloadians, possibly because those who were there to see Turisas had already seen it before. I suppose only a 25min set didnt help.

I think the set list could have been a little better. I'd have gone with As Torches Rise (fucking miss that intro to a set guys), One More (or Fields of Gold), To Holmagard and Beyond and Battle Metal. The Accordian speed-fest was a bit *yawn* for a 25min set.

I liked the clarification of the term Battle Metal and Turisas sticking up for the fact that they are the one and only Battle Metal band *thumbs up*.

Overall, for an opening act at a festival Turisas did an exellent job - also looked like some of the outfits you guys were wearing were new and improved which looked kick ass :D

Honestly, there is part of me that is pretty gutted i didnt just go to this.
I stand my my origional statement that even turisas can't get me to download.
Its not too bad though, there are many more gigs to come that i will be front center for so i wont cry over spilt milk as it were.

Glad to hear you did okay at the shit fest guys. I'm sure you were the only shining light in a sea of Screaming teenage trivium fans.
Hahaha.

-e

I cant wait till the decent festival season comes into play. Although im not seeing Turisas at any festival im attending. Just in dying need of a beer, a laugh, and ....... something else, just had a third option to give my post some meaning.