Turisas at Turku (Ruisrock, 6.7.2008)

Starstruck

The King of Luvia
Jun 21, 2008
Vanha-Ulvila
www.unikpaper.fi
I got just back from my very first Turisas show. As one may presume, the festival gigs aren't always the best, but this however was a surprisingly good one. More people than I would've expected had chosen to stay around for Turisas, the second last act on Sunday night (starting at 9:40 pm). The atmosphere was great even though the night was still quite bright. I had to photograph the first three songs from the pit, so I couldn't concentrate totally on the show. This was quite annoying, but at least I got a very close glance at the band.

The set list was ok, but I was very much disappointed that they didn't play Miklagard Overture. I suppose they wanted to please everybody, including those who were new with the band. Thus an eight-minute prog epic isn't the way to go. People seemed to really enjoy the extended violin/accordion moments and interaction with Warlord. I guess there might be a number of new fans joining the ranks now. Hopefully!

The band was very energetic and tight. Mathias did a very good job leading the crowd, even though a couple of times we were at Nummirock. :dopey:
But I think it's safe to say that almost everyone wished they were at Nummirock instead of this badly-organized junkfest they call Ruisrock.

Here's the set list (I'm not completely sure of the running order):

Victoriae & Triumphi Dominus
As Torches Rise
To Holmgard and Beyond
A Portage to the Unknown
One More
Dnieper Rapids
In the Court of Jarisleif

(Olli/Netta duet: Those Were The Days & Säkkijärven Polkka)
Sahti-Waari
Rasputin

(some "Love Boat"-styled nonsense)
Battle Metal

Well you haven't missed any songs and I think the running order is right=)
The show was awesome, its just a shame they were on a crappy stage, I think quite a few people who didn't mosh have sore necks.
The lone duck was happy and very much loves Netta <3
lol
Thanks guys another brilliant performance

my photos from the show and an interview will follow, just needs some time until I am back home in Germany again ;)

but I really loved it, it was great :D

definately much better than the first time i saw them. but that wasn't the bands' fault at all....seeing as they only had a 30 minute set, and you can't fit Turisas intro 30 minutes....
very amazing though!!! i can say that i was thoroughly immersed in the music. all the dancing and headbanging!

thats strange because they should be visible for everyone because the album is set visible for EVERYONE o_O

i completely forgot I set it private ages ago, it´s changed now so it should be working...I hope :S