[GIG] 8.-10.6.2007 Download Festival, Donington Park (UK)

Okay, this is the easier option since you dont seems to get half of what is said.

I made ONE comment on ONE member, hardly a ‘sweeping generalisation’ of other members – I’ve not been on these boards long enough to do that…particularly with a mere post count of ten (not including this one).
To directly quote you and explain what I was refering to when I said you were making generalisations about groups of people
go join the other 'troo black metal' hypocrites at Wacken.
Hopefully ^ that cleared up that one.

However in all fairness the above statement did have pangs of experiences from other forums – ironically most have come from official Download Festival forum.
I fail to see the irony, but okay.

As for the 14 year old statement it came from the below post;

Dude, Download, that sucks, its a sad day for turisas to be playing such a wank fest, i can understand you wanting to get your music out there to the masses but playing a fest that is bassed around the 14 year old kids that think korn are death metal is never a good thing, its going to be like been dragonforce all over again.

Which can be found here; http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...2007-download-festival-donington-park-uk.html

So maybe you should be asking Nick Brookes why he choose the 14 year olds.
I am fully aware of where this quote was from. For you see, I have a tendancy to actually read this forum on a daily basis.
My point with this was that 'nick' said it out of sarcasm as a way of mocking the general age group and ingorance of people at download.
It is not in question if I agree or disagree with this statement. But you did seem to miss his dry sence of humour and the sarcasm of that whole quote. It was not supposed to be undeniable facts. He was mocking.

Anyways, if this thing is all one big 'farce', then why do you continue to reply? After all there are far more constructive topics out there.
I continue for the basic fact that I started. There were things that needed to be said and were. Then they were completely misunderstood and i felt they needed to be explained. Hopefully they are now.
I did'nt realise I was being so cryptic, lol.

-e

Okay, this is the easier option since you dont seems to get half of what is said.

To directly quote you and explain what I was refering to when I said you were making generalisations about groups of people
Hopefully ^ that cleared up that one.

I fail to see the irony, but okay.

I am fully aware of where this quote was from. For you see, I have a tendancy to actually read this forum on a daily basis.
My point with this was that 'nick' said it out of sarcasm as a way of mocking the general age group and ingorance of people at download.
It is not in question if I agree or disagree with this statement. But you did seem to miss his dry sence of humour and the sarcasm of that whole quote. It was not supposed to be undeniable facts. He was mocking.

I continue for the basic fact that I started. There were things that needed to be said and were. Then they were completely misunderstood and i felt they needed to be explained. Hopefully they are now.
I did'nt realise I was being so cryptic, lol.

-e

We’ll I’ve only started coming on here recently…so excuse me for that.

I don’t know Nick Baker nor do I know his postal stylings, one persons take on a post will no doubt be different than that of another.

As I said people can take posts in different ways…

Anyways I've got transfer Nightbreed from VHS to DVD - as I highly doubt it will ever come out here...so continue this later. :)

Here's Turisas's Download 2007 setlist for anyone intrested;

To Holmgard and beyond
In the court of Jarisleif
Violin solo
Rasputin (Boney M cover)
Battle Metal

Someone I know on another forum I go onto, was good enough to let me know about this website: Download Festival 2007

Here you can download the entire Turisas set for the Download Festival. So if you didn't get the chance to see them at the Download Festival, here is your chance.