Turisas with Lordi @ Birmingham Academy 27-10-2006

Did anyone go to that gig??
It fucking blew me away.
I'd only heard Battle Metal and wasn't really a major fan but seeing them live has changed that opinion.
With the first song i knew that only better was to come and i was so fucking right.
Warlord got everyone to join in with Battle Metal and One More.
Was brilliant.
To be honest im sure that Turisas wore everyone out cus even though everyone had the devil horns up very few were jumpin about.

Cant believe i didnt go and get their autographs. They were hanging around outside by their tour bus for ages.
I feel like so such a fool.
I'll put up some pictures of the gig soon.

Princess Lestat
xxx

aye, i was there, nearly decked some of the little indie fucks for jumping around so much.
i assume you werent dead center?

i hate it when people jump around like that, -.-.

legendary gig though. my legs were fucked after, i actually -had- to sit down otherwise i would have fallen of my fucking ass, haha.

i think the line of the night came from some guy stood next to me in the beginning before turisas came on.
he turned and said, as we'd been chanting 'turisas', "turisas are playing?, i didnt know that!".
considering it was a gig with LORDI headlining, i think we all get the comedy of that statement.

plah.

oh, and pretty much everything except the big fuck off corset i wore is now fucked, including my shoes.
pretty impressive for a 45 minute set.

i left before lordi came onstage.

-e

owentheyo said:
Did you have a BOA top and walk around before it opened with a guy in a Turisas top? I saw them and thought it looks like that person from the forum.

nope, my friend bex was wearing a boa top though and walking with her b/f who was wearing a turisas top. maybe it was her you saw?
i think the only people who actually saw me were the lordi fans i offended, heh.
Spent the rest of the time hiding in a corner, then center of the croud then fucked off back to scruffy's.

-e

suns_recline said:
nope, my friend bex was wearing a boa top though and walking with her b/f who was wearing a turisas top. maybe it was her you saw?
i think the only people who actually saw me were the lordi fans i offended, heh.
Spent the rest of the time hiding in a corner, then center of the croud then fucked off back to scruffy's.
Haha ok.

The queue around me were pretty dire. Some kids whose musical taste seemed to reach no further than Metallica, Trivium, and Dragonforce; some noisy bastards who gave me a headache by shouting and screaming alot; and some chronic brummies. And the wait when inside was annoying. And Turisas made up for all this. :)

owentheyo said:
Haha ok.

The queue around me were pretty dire. Some kids whose musical taste seemed to reach no further than Metallica, Trivium, and Dragonforce; some noisy bastards who gave me a headache by shouting and screaming alot; and some chronic brummies. And the wait when inside was annoying. And Turisas made up for all this. :)

it wasnt just the croud around you, trust me on that one. it was pretty much the whole fucking audience.
there was some legendary guy who had done his war paint though, \m/.
thats always a good thing to see. Plus something tells me he didnt do it for lordi, :p, so at least we know some of the croud werent tossers.

haha, i should stop coming on here when im at work, im always disgruntled, XD.

i still wanna know if turisas are even going to try for wacken 07. better to be with likeminded fans when seeming a band than fucking 12 year old lordi and trivium fans.

btw, you think the trivium kids were bad. there was a fucking wednesday 13 fan there, :(.

-e

I was there! Turisas were brilliant! :worship: They're the only reason I went seeing as im not a Lordi fan. I was listening to Turisas all the way there and back!
I know what you mean about the audience! I saw kids wearing HIM t-shirts etc. Unfortunately i couldn't find the stall and had to catch the last train back. :(

Ahahah, I actually enjoy Wednesday 13's band, and I was wearing a HIM hoody around my waist:lol: , cause it lets me carry a book around (which I need for the long hard overnight wait at the train station), and it's comfy as hell when I need to wear it.

Someone picked up on my Ensiferum tshirt outside afterwards, which pleased me.

Ahahah, I actually enjoy Wednesday 13's band, and I was wearing a HIM hoody around my waist:lol: , cause it lets me carry a book around (which I need for the long hard overnight wait at the train station), and it's comfy as hell when I need to wear it.

Someone picked up on my Ensiferum tshirt outside afterwards, which pleased me.

mhmm, yea, a book......you're secretly a 13 year old girl arent you?!, heh, :p.
woo for the ensiferum on the other hand, not many 13 year old girls are into them, :p.
think i'd be more wow'd by a norther shirt though.(esp if it didnt have petri outlined by a heart drawn in lipstick, *kicks mud at you*, hehe)

-e

I was there! Me and my Girlfriend got there at about 4pm but we kinda pushed in at the front and we ended up right at the front opposite Jussi and Antti. I have pictures of the gig but I am waiting for my Woman to send them to me. I have an 11 minute video of the thong, rasputin and Olli's violin solo but it is 11 minutes long and I dunno how to upload it cus youtube is not having it :cry:

Actually just before Turisas came on. They were playing music to keep the crowd entertained. but I'm trying to look for this band. Their song started off with swords clashing and them it turbned out to be a powermetal band. could anybody tell me who they were cus my ideas are iced earth blind guardian and kamelot. Thats all I got :)

Actually just before Turisas came on. They were playing music to keep the crowd entertained. but I'm trying to look for this band. Their song started off with swords clashing and them it turbned out to be a powermetal band. could anybody tell me who they were cus my ideas are iced earth blind guardian and kamelot. Thats all I got :)
I'm not sure myself, but I remember the song playing, and I think I heard someone say it was HammerFall.

I was theare wearing a velvet top, and skirt i was almost first inline i was almost dead center too! pink hair and yes OMG Turisas Blew me away I hadent heared tehm before but i was stunned and shocked when i saw them :D

i also got to meet the bearded bloke after :D he signed my collage timetable and gave me a hug :D

i was the one letting condoms off between Turissas + lordi!

i was the one letting condoms off between Turissas + lordi!

Kudos to whoever had the lighter! Made me laugh when they popped those friggin condoms.
Most of the LORDI fans were too young to even realise they were condoms. Thought they were balloons. I told one of them it was a johnny and if they touched it, they would get AIDS.
hahaha.
i love kids, XD.

-e

The one with the lighter was my mate :Dhe he i called him a wanker.. teh condoms were just a little fun and entertainment for between the gigs :D and it worked it keeped people entertained.... and as for young people

Dragonforce gig.

no joke i was standign next to a tenyee were metal :D 11 year old emo, he was asking me how old i was and how igot in to dragon force and that I asked where his mom was eh said 'Dotn patronise me' i laughed at him and then he asked if he could come to scruffies with me and my mates :D ha ha silly boy. i hope he got home ok tho! he thorght My chemical romance were metal silly silly boy