'TURISAS' font.

Fenrisúlfr, are you Greek? (kind of a stupid question as i believe I know who you are, but...)

Katie, it's more along the lines of "efHaristo" , H pronounced a little thick, as in "horse"

And I get pun all the time because of my Turisas shirts! Everyone keeps shouting, "hey tourista!" I have to use my brutal/death growls to make them stop

cominsoon.jpg

The best thing to do! I'm surprised they dare to call our modern language "Greek".

They butchered the original language, to the point that all grammar, spelling and the words themselves, have lost their meaning...

Therefore, when I say that the ancient Greek language is the most "complete" (that means it is the only one that went through all five "linguistic stages"), I am not bragging, cause I don't speak it :cry:

OK, maybe I'm bragging a bit :heh:

Hehe, that's generalizing! Well, the Turks are responsible for 400 of dark ages in Greece. A pause of development in civilization, arts and sciences.

But the loss of our identity came with christianity. It was the days of Byzantium that destroyed Greece. You may have heard Arcadio's phrase "Ες Έδαφος Φέρειν", which literally means "bring (them) to the ground" and it referred to all ancient Greek temples and schools, that were destroyed so that christian churches would be built over the ruins. It was then, that the dark ages started for Hellas. When all philosophic and scientific work was dimmed "unholy and blasphemous".

And therefore, even though Plato had discovered that the earth rotates around itself and around the sun, everyone remembers Galileo's bold statement after the inquisition. He was such a coward that he didn't stand up for his ideas, whereas thousands of Greeks died by christian sword, defending their way of life...

Anyway, that's a big subject, and here is probably not the place. Excuse me!:)

It is OK; threads digress all the time. The wrath Christianity previously brought to previous-pleasant lands and cultures is, simply put, tragic.

Well, even though we are in a forum like this, I was afraid you might have a different opinion, hehe. About christianity I mean!

The worst thing about not being a christian nowadays, by the way, is that it is more difficult to find a girlfriend :mad: (who is also not a christian)

Again, totally random thought!

really?
i´d never look for my partner just from the same confession as I am.
I really do not care that much about that...

Hmm, I made a mistake here, because I judged by my country's girls. Here, they can be the worst bitches (I mean, they don't have to be hardcore christian geeks) - if you are not a christian you 're either a freak, a satanist or an immature boy for them!

Even my best female friend won't talk about religions with me because she says I'm still a teen at heart.

Of course that's because Greek girls carry no brains under their fashionable hairdo's...

Fenrisúlfr;7491802 said:
http://www.neobyzantine.org/download/fonts/

These may come close, but one may need to do a grunge effect in Photoshop so as to make the text like that on the cover.

Thank you for those links but is there any other fonts you know of though, that may seem a bit closer? The Neobyzantine font seems a little like...bubble writing? :lol: The lettering is very curvey. Or, it appears to be to me.