Turisas Setlist

Mar 3, 2008
Well I'm off Liverpool on Wednesday. You know what the setlist is for Turisas from the gigs they've played so far? Also, a setlist for Norther & Alestorm would be highly appreciated. Cheers.

I know this is out of date, but this was the setlist on March 13th in London

01 - The Dnieper Rapids
02 - To Holmgard and Beyond
03 - A Portage to the Unknown
04 - One More
05 - In the Court of Jarisleif
06 - Violin solo
07 - Five Hundred and One
08 - Miklagard Overture
09 - Olli's Speech and solo
10 - Sahti-Waari

Encore -
11 - Rasputin
12 - Battle Metal

They did play Sahti-Waari! I remember trying to sing along (albeit I don't speak a word of Finnish...except for Koskenkorva)

Ullo Mika! :wave:

Vittu!

That's pretty much my Finnish.

And yes, they played Sahti-Waari...or in London they did.

well peepz, tonights setlist (Haarlem, dutch gig) was:

intro
The Dnieper Rapids
To Holmgard and Beyond
a lot of blah blah blah about a broken bus
A Portage To The Unknown
bla bla bla about dutch beer
One More
In The Court Of Jarisleif
Miklagard Overture (including a lot of bla bla bla too :p)
------------------------------------
humppa :D
Rasputin
Battle Metal

They did play Saahti Waari, right after Olli went on that ramble about violinists and Herman Li. I remember cos I was perving at their new accordion player when she came out :)

At Peterborough I believe they played the Säkkijärven Polka before launching into Sahti Waari.. I don't know if it was the same for any of the other gigs. Oddly enough, Sahti Waari wasn't played at Sheffield, as far as I'm aware. :/

At Peterborough I believe they played the Säkkijärven Polka before launching into Sahti Waari.. I don't know if it was the same for any of the other gigs. Oddly enough, Sahti Waari wasn't played at Sheffield, as far as I'm aware. :/

They did indeed @ Peterborough, I think the was the part with the slightly greek-weddingesque dancing:)

Ahhh the brilliance of finnish, mine extends towards every swear under the midnight sun, followed by poorly pronounced other bits and pieces.

Howdy dear salad item of mine!

They did indeed @ Peterborough, I think the was the part with the slightly greek-weddingesque dancing:)

Ahhh the brilliance of finnish, mine extends towards every swear under the midnight sun, followed by poorly pronounced other bits and pieces.

Howdy dear salad item of mine!

Ah yes. That was rather fun. Shame there was no real room in the Park for us to do our own version.

My Finnish extends to some minimal swearing, and extremely basic phrases, boo hiss.

Howdy! I was correct, and I do know who you are (I believe I was a little confused when you hailed me in the P'bro queue- unintentional, and I apologise if I appeared rude!)

Ah yes. That was rather fun. Shame there was no real room in the Park for us to do our own version.

My Finnish extends to some minimal swearing, and extremely basic phrases, boo hiss.

Howdy! I was correct, and I do know who you are (I believe I was a little confused when you hailed me in the P'bro queue- unintentional, and I apologise if I appeared rude!)

I did get a little bit of square dancing down in the park, but as you said little room and no barrier played havoc with my gig sense
Well I can teach you more swearing if you wish:headbang:
and I come out with things without really thinking them through, so its ok! no offence to unintentional rudeness taken:lol:

I did get a little bit of square dancing down in the park, but as you said little room and no barrier played havoc with my gig sense
Well I can teach you more swearing if you wish:headbang:
and I come out with things without really thinking them through, so its ok! no offence to unintentional rudeness taken:lol:

I'm sure it might come in useful should I stumble across some objectionable people. ;)

Haha, glad to hear it. =P

According to Wikipedia...

Säkkijärven Polka

"During the Continuation War, the Finnish Army discovered that the retreating Soviets had scattered radio-controlled mines throughout the city of Viipuri. The mines were jammed by playing Vesterinen's polka on the same frequency ceaselessly for three days, draining the batteries of the mines and averting catastrophe."

Awesomeness.

Speaking of dancing some randomer dressed as a pirate grabbed my arm during the polka bit and we spun round it circles lawl.

Säkkijärven Polka

"During the Continuation War, the Finnish Army discovered that the retreating Soviets had scattered radio-controlled mines throughout the city of Viipuri. The mines were jammed by playing Vesterinen's polka on the same frequency ceaselessly for three days, draining the batteries of the mines and averting catastrophe."

Awesomeness.

Speaking of dancing some randomer dressed as a pirate grabbed my arm during the polka bit and we spun round it circles lawl.

I wish I would have had the room to dance, my waist became the size of house brick during the gig, needless to say I stretched it back via the consumption of alko afterwards:kickass:

Did manage to get some square dancing in at p'boro, killed several pairs of feet in the process:lol:

Säkkijärven Polka

Awesomeness.

That is precisely the reason why that polka rules. :D Well, that, and it's damn addictive.