uk/european tour

ingrid

Dec 29, 2005
+31
www.metal-exposure.com
ok, it's a bit late maybe but I thought it's a better idea to create just ONE topic for this tour EXPERIENCE, instead of opening topics for every show, because it's getting a bit messy (in my opinion)

so share your experience and thoughts and troubles about the shows!!
how was it, wat was the setlist etc ... :)

I have to wait 1 more week, going to the 2 dutch shows
the one on march 16th is just SOLD OUT! :| it's going to be crowded :(

oh well, you can always use this topic as well of course, but it was kinda dead:rolleyes:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/turisas/352182-euro-headlining-tour.html

Edinburgh 4 March Studio 24

Had a really good day in Edinburgh, found the venue after a little exploring and got in just at the tail end of Alestorm's set. I enjoyed what I saw very much.

I bought a TVW t shirt, but it's far too big for me - only had it in large! I guess I'll just have to bulk up a bit.

Norther came next. They weren't really my kind of thing, singer was quite cute though. Kept blowin gthe hair out his face, it was adorable! Bit too mich moshing during their set for my liking. I'll never understand why mosh pits exist.

Turisas came on and we gave them a good welcome. I thought their set was a little short but there was a lot more audience interaction than last time I saw them. The Warlord was really funny, his difficulty with pronounciation (PRECICIOUS PRECENTAGES!) was hilarious. Loved the "Stone of Destiny" he had as well.

Setlist, as far as I can remember:

The Dnieper Rapids (unexpected but on reflection a great opening song)
To Holmgard and Beyond
A Portage to the Unknown
One More
The Messenger
In the Court of Jarisleif
Miklagard Overture
Sahti Waari
Rasputin
Battle Metal

Thought the crowd could have been a bit more courteous. Too much heckling. Oh, and don't shout "Battle Metal" throughout the whole thing, idiots. Plus! They chanted Battle Metal wrong! It goes "Battle! Battle, metal, battle! Battle, metal, battle! and so on. Not, ffs, "battle - metal - battle - metal - battle - metal"

Of course these dumb folks are a minority I'm sure most fans are content to enjoy the show without being annoying.

On the whole, great gig, good set, plenty of banter. Nice one Turisas!

Edinburgh show was great! I was that scunnered - I was at the Castle that day, and never saw them. Ho hum. The Stone of Destiny thing was very funny. I also thought the setlist was a little short - maybe the new accordianist hasn't had enough time to learn more of the songs yet.

Dunc

Once again, awesome UK tour!!
I was at the Sheffield and Leeds gigs and as amazing as all their past shows have been, this one went above and beyond! I don't think i've ever seen the band as energised as they were in sheffield, you could see they were loving the crowd reaction. same at leeds.

and I have to say, blonde, 17 year old, hot, female accordian player... best revenge imaginable! and the fans love her ;)

as for alestorm, definately one of my new favourites! love that band!!! haha and the conga line to iron maiden after the gig made me laugh.

norther were good too, not really my kind of music but they put on a damn good show....
and did anyone else notice that the keyboard player from norther looked like Vadim, the keyboard player from dragonforce???

oh and on the note of keyboards... LONG LIVE THE KEYTAR!!!!

THEY PLAYED FIVE HUNDRED AND ONE!!!!

FUCKING YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH.

Saw them last night.

Amazing.

Olli Vänskä played a tiny little violin thing. Came out and was like "I'm sure you've all seen my little solo on youtube by now. So I'm gonna do a special one for you with a gift I got..." pulled out a tiny little violin and played a tune.

Got in a mosh pit for Rasputin and Battle Metal, some part stuck against one of the dudes in chainmail :lol:

For the first half though I was stuck behind a dude with his missus who spent the entire gig NOT MOVING :erk:

Not a fist in the air, not a lyric sung. Would be understandable if he wasn't in the FOURTH FUCKING ROW.

Fun all around. Can't wait to see Turisas again.

And Alestorm were... Alestorm. Awesomeness to insane levels of awesome :D

and did anyone else notice that the keyboard player from norther looked like Vadim, the keyboard player from dragonforce???

ahahaha i was sitting with ilkka and the norther guys in rios after the gig and i told him about that
it's so true as well...vadim has clearly become some sort of keyboard prostitute to be loaned out. what next, weddings and bar mitzvahs?

ahahaha i was sitting with ilkka and the norther guys in rios after the gig and i told him about that
it's so true as well...vadim has clearly become some sort of keyboard prostitute to be loaned out. what next, weddings and bar mitzvahs?

hahahahahaha see i told vadim about it after the sheffield gig, he reckons their keyboard player wants to be him, and lets be honest, what guy wouldn't. All hail Vadim :worship:
hahahahahahahah

London was great. Unfortunatley missed half of Alestorm which is really annoying because I wanted to see them badly. I think they should have gone on right before Turisas and Norther should have been first. Note: stop bringing black metal bands to your gigs Turisas >=/

And I felt there was too much talking...if they didn't do so much they could probably have got another couple of songs in.

Still and awesome gig though.

And my mate was slightly drunk and went round telling people that he worked for a record label...got some guy from Metal Hammer's email address too XD

It was all relevant speech though! and I think most were staggering around drunk...alestorm especially ^^
I loved the oompah collaboration =)
London was awesome! as was Peterborough, can't wait for next tour

Oh and on the keyboardist front, he looks a hell of lot like someone from Ted Maul, more so than Vadim...its a conspiracy!, they've obviously all the same person!

What was Mathias' speech before "Battle Metal"? He said something about "when the battle is over..." I didn't catch it.

THEY PLAYED FIVE HUNDRED AND ONE!!!!

FUCKING YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH.

Saw them last night.

Amazing.

Olli Vänskä played a tiny little violin thing. Came out and was like "I'm sure you've all seen my little solo on youtube by now. So I'm gonna do a special one for you with a gift I got..." pulled out a tiny little violin and played a tune.

Got in a mosh pit for Rasputin and Battle Metal, some part stuck against one of the dudes in chainmail :lol:

For the first half though I was stuck behind a dude with his missus who spent the entire gig NOT MOVING :erk:

Not a fist in the air, not a lyric sung. Would be understandable if he wasn't in the FOURTH FUCKING ROW.

Fun all around. Can't wait to see Turisas again.

And Alestorm were... Alestorm. Awesomeness to insane levels of awesome :D

That was from me.

As for the gig it was awesome, Alestorm were fantastic (and a top set of blokes to) and Turisas well they're always a treat to watch. However Norther - who ARE NOT a black metal act were so mundane. Even as a fan of melodic death metal (a term to which I am using rather lightly to describe this band) I found 'em pretty darn poor, all the songs really did sound the same. Having been to the venue before I knew what to expect but last time it wasn't half as packed.

I really enjoyed all the bands I heard even though I admit I was a bit sceptical about Alestorm but they won me over.

What I didn't enjoy is the moment Turisas came two irritating little shits decided to practically get me in a headlock so I spent most of 'The Dneiper Rapids' fighting for air. Then one of their mates decided to try and pin me down using his elbow. That sucked majorly.

The band seemed in a better mood as well, compared to the Islington one. I don't know if that's true just my humble opinion.

After the gig someone had thrown themselves under a train so it took ages to get to Marylebone to get home so meaning I missed the last train and had to spend the night in the train station:erk:

After the gig someone had thrown themselves under a train so it took ages to get to Marylebone to get home so meaning I missed the last train and had to spend the night in the train station:erk:

That was helpful of them wasn't it? I missed my last train due to this too. Had to get the last train to the next nearest city, meaning I had to find somewhere to stay & pay £10 extra to get home the next day.

Fucking cunt.

What was Mathias' speech before "Battle Metal"? He said something about "when the battle is over..." I didn't catch it.

Probably, to be fair, I wasn't listening...sorry!:oops:

Norther did suck quite a bit, but I managed to get through their set teaching a friend how to swear in sign language and doing impersonations from the family guy movie:cool:

Yeah, the selfish bastard.

Me and my mates took a dodgy route but managed to get the last train home \o/

We got to Euston Square (can't remember how precisely), jumped on a Circle line train and rode it to Edgware Road then jumped onto the Bakerloo line to Marylebone.

I always carry a tube map in my wallet =P

sooo well, back from my quest (well going again tomorrow, but whatever)
nice gig
waaaay too much bla bla bla (I think they could have played 3 more songs if we didn't had all the speeches)
felt sooooooo sorry for the new girl because she was sick and still performing, respect!
nice atmosphere.
I was with a friend and her mom (first gig for her mom) very nice

well I need a new camera, cause mine is kinda broken, but here are some pics I still can make (though the quality sucks)

for all the fangirls:
nt014.jpg

she's great
nt012.jpg

he too
nt011.jpg

they all are
nt016.jpg