[gig] 08.03.2007 Scala - London, UK

Yeah its possible that Ill have to miss some of the set as ive got to get the last train to Brum, and also get a train back to Shirley. See how it goes though. Im up for finding a hotel...

i just hope they dont bring teräsbetoni with them as boy do they suck.

hope some more shows get confirmed

Yeah, WTF's happening? Just got an email from the ticket agency, but no explanation or other info anywhere. :mad:
Thank god I got tickets for "Get in the Ring". Nearly didn't cos I hate all the other bands...... That better still be happening.......:erk:

yeah i recieved the email this morning. The scala website has just updated with this:

“Turisas are sorry to announce that due to unforeseen changes to the recording schedule for the new album, due out in May, the band have been forced to postpone their live date at the Scala, Kings Cross on Thursday 8th March. The gig will however be re-scheduled for a later date at the same venue. Turisas would like to extend sincere apologies to all disappointed fans and ticketholders.”

I feel really annoyed at this because Turisas still appear to be playing Get in the Ring. I live near newcastle, and have had too take two days off work, and have spent £200 on a hotel and transport just too see Turisas for one night. Its all great that its being re-scheduled for another date, but i don't think i can afford to pay for a hotel again. Bands should think about these things before cancelling gigs.

lol the bright side of life would have been seeing Turisas on the 8th march as intended.

Well i still have to come to london, cause i would lose too much money by cancelling the hotel. Anything else happening in london that night?

It just annoys me that its cancelled because of the recording. Surely losing a few days recording, is better than letting the fans waste there money.

Hi guys

We're really sorry for the situation, it was a tough call and totally unexpected. We still hope to see as many of you as possible in GITR and later on the re-scheduled gig!

Olli

So how come the email says it WON'T be reschduled & I'm to return my ticket for a refund? :erk:
Can't our tickets be made valid for whenever the new date is? I really don't wanna have to give the money-sucking bastards another (Non-refundable) booking fee! :mad:

how come you guys can still play Get in the Ring, it just feels like your rubbing salt in the wound. Letting down paying fans, while people that probably don't want too see the mighty Turisas, still get to see you.

Attention, this just in from the label:

As you know, sadly the TURISAS show at the Scala on 8th March has had to be postponed but Century Media would like to offer any ticket holders FREE tickets to see TURISAS play at Metal Hammer magazine's 'Get In The Ring' show at London's Hammersmith Palais on Tuesday 6 th March – that's right … totally free and you don't even have to go to the London Astoria to pick them up! Email us at turisas@centurymedia.net with your name and address and we'll send the tickets to you.

Don't miss out there are a limited number of tickets available to see Turisas battle it out against Deathstars, Breed 77 & Zico Chain .. and you might even get to be on TV.

Hope you can make it!

I've just applied for the free tickets, is there anyway of knowing if there coming because I would like time to book a couple of extra nights hotel?