Turisas team up with Lordi for UK shows this October!!

Just been to see Turisas in concert with Lordi at Rock City Nottingham. Am a convert, loved their music am hooked on Rex Regi Rebellis and Battle Metal. :headbang:

I was right near some other big Turisas fans at the Birmingham show. That was, yet again, amazing. I spent all my energy, and afew minutes afterwards (I think when adrenaline ran out) essentially fainted on my feet. Some people poked me and woke me up and then I had to retreat and go sit down, and watch the rest from a distance.

I heard quite afew people saying they preferred Turisas.:)

And then came the arduous 8 hour wait to catch my train home.:rolleyes: Who cares? I saw Turisas.:worship:

Turisas has a dreadful habit of making the bands that they support look like shit. You fucking owned the show, again. Someone PM me when they are back in the midlands. Got to see them for a third time, sometime soon!

If the band keep going into the far future, I'll probably end up seeing them more and more times.:)

If anyone wants (and if it's legally allowed), here's the link to One More which someone has uploaded from last night's show. Awful video quality, but you can tell the joy of the citizens.

Tonberry said:
Could your nose be any browner? :puke:

Erm? Apologies for showing positive support for a band I have listened to for years. Why should I stick around for a cheap band such as Lordi when I could end it on a high note with Turisas?

If you disagree upon the fact that Turisas' performance topped Lordi's, then fair enough.. no need to act like an elitist twat about it though, okay?

Primrose said:
Erm? Apologies for showing positive support for a band I have listened to for years. Why should I stick around for a cheap band such as Lordi when I could end it on a high note with Turisas?

If you disagree upon the fact that Turisas' performance topped Lordi's, then fair enough.. no need to act like an elitist twat about it though, okay?

Well, there is praising a band, example: "Great show" and there is praising a band while slating other artists, example: "I didn’t wait for the other cheap band." It is possible to be a fan of both Lordi and Turisas, so try not to insult other bands, even if they aren’t to your taste.

I have no problem with you showing positive support, but try to keep it in your pants eh?

Way to judge Lordi as cheap too, and your argument has even more concrete evidence by you leaving early and totally not giving them a chance.

Also, I took the time of pointing out the glairing errors in your whiney retort:

How can your personal views and taste in music; your opinion; be fact?

Also you can't disagree with a fact. By Definition.

As for listening to Turisas for years, well having only had one commercial release since 2004, a 2 year span, I hope you mean “both of them.”

N.B. for the record, both Lordi and Turisas are excellent bands. I do not prefer one over the other.

From what I remember:

01 Victoriae & Triumphi Dominus
02 As Torches Rise
03 One More
04 Rasputin
~violin solo~
05 Rex Regi Rebellis
06 Battle Metal
07 Katuman Kaiku (after they'd left the stage)

may have been one more

Was last night in Glasgow to Lordi and Turisas show was quite a GIG!!!
Turisas did awesome job but where the hell did they disappear after that. A bunch of us were waiting for autographs. Well at least we got some from the guys in Lordi :)

cavegirl said:
I was too knackered for Lordi after Turisas' set at The Forum! :yuk: as much as I love Lordi also, Turisas definately outshined them..

As surprised as I am to admit it, I have to agree!