[GIG] TURISAS UK Headlining Tour

I will be at the Birmingham one \m/

Would also go to the Nottingham one for the club afterwards (assuming it'd be open after the gig) but I'd probably be too sweaty =)

"Diego..... Sweaty..." < ftw.

Got my tickets today :D. And yeah the Rock City website must have got it wrong, 'cus I went to Rock City and my tickets say 15th September.

S92

Perhaps they should get korpikaani to play. two of the best bands in the type of genre also they are quite friendly with each other!
Also suns-recline- I read your posts and you need to stop bitching at everything:Smug: not giving a good name for the forum and turbo needs to stop putting fucking stupid signitures at the bottom of his posts cus it really does slow down the speed of browsing the page. Really a good moderator is need as mr lapin kulta is doing a piss poor job :rolleyes:
really the forum just gets activity from childish bitching and moaning fans from England.

yay! hmm I'll either be at Nottingham or Birmingham assuming I find the money. hmm I could always sell things on ebay...like my brother?

Tickets are £8.50 if you pick them up from Rock City, but £10.10 from the Rock City website.

S92

Perhaps they should get korpikaani to play. two of the best bands in the type of genre also they are quite friendly with each other!
Also suns-recline- I read your posts and you need to stop bitching at everything:Smug: not giving a good name for the forum and turbo needs to stop putting fucking stupid signitures at the bottom of his posts cus it really does slow down the speed of browsing the page. Really a good moderator is need as mr lapin kulta is doing a piss poor job :rolleyes:
really the forum just gets activity from childish bitching and moaning fans from England.

Kulta doesnt do a bad job and in all fairness doesnt have a life outside of the forum too ya know, lol.
You can actually turn off being able to see peoples sigs also, so its up to you if you see peoples sigs or not, and in all fairness I didnt bitch, I pointed someone out that was shockingly misunderstood at the time, though they got(or seemed to get) everything in the end.

Korpikaani or Corvus Corax would be awesome as support bands. Though I would fear a repeat of the bloodstock sauna thing. That was way too much man flesh, haha.

-e

Tickets are &#163;8.50 if you pick them up from Rock City, but &#163;10.10 from the Rock City website.

S92

Dirt cheap. Though the booze in the Birmingham Academy will rip a few 20s out of your anus, the new ones. They call it the Carling academy and the most expensive drink there (ironically) is Carling...

I'm interested in support cause I've already seen Turisas twice, so while they'll be great live again, I'm not that fussed to see them again. And frankly I'm abit disillusioned with the band and think they could gtfo of Britain. If they're gonna be touring the UK this much (and not split up), I can probably go see them in afew years when they may have more material under their belt.

So a whole new album isnt enough new material?, :p.
I think they are worth seeing more than that to be fair. Each time you see them there is a very different atmosphere which is one thing i like. If it was just about hearing songs live i'd get a live album, :).

-e

Yeah. I've seen them 3 times now, and each time has been different

First @ Bloodstock
Next Supporting Lordi
Then @ Download.

Bloodstock was their best performance for me.. they had longest, better venue, and they only had BM out..

So this headlining tour will be SPECTACULAR.. i don't see how any fan could miss it.. especially as its their first ever headlining Tour. I went to Download (to see Turisas obviously).. but also to be among the first in England to ever hear their new songs live.

But yeah, these shows will be AMAZING.. they'll have loooaads of time, be able to play loads of songs from both albums.. it'll be awesome!

So this headlining tour will be SPECTACULAR.. i don't see how any fan could miss it.. especially as its their first ever headlining Tour. I went to Download (to see Turisas obviously).. but also to be among the first in England to ever hear their new songs live.

Bit of a waste of money on the download front then :D seeing as they played one (decent) new song which they'd already played at Get in the Ring ^_^

I dont think this tour is going to be as good as some of the other performances of Turisas we've seen in recent past because, what made their other shows so great - such as London Underworld, where they played a headliners set - was the fact that at the time they didnt have enough material to fulfil the 90mins, and so they played crazy things like Slayers Reign in Blood on an Accordian and "Those were the Days" or the famous Horseracing Overture to make up the space where they didn't have enough material. Now that they do have enough material, I guess we can expect them to be trying to cram as much in as they can.

^ That was a fucking amaising gig. I agree, that one is going to be very hard to top.
As long as the humour and spirit doesnt disappear now that there are going to be no blank spaces in the sets, I don't mind too much. Maybe sacrifice one less popular song per set just so they can arse around? This would be the best solution imo, otherwise it will be all about the music instead of the atmosphere and getting the croud involved, thus turisas would become 'just another band'.
It would be a shame. Hope it doesnt happen that way, :S.

-e