Euro Headlining Tour

GeigeIstKrieg

The former bald guy
Mar 9, 2006
www.turisas.com
2007 has been an amazing year for Turisas with the release of their epic new album 'The Varangian Way', playing the main stage at the Download Festival, Metal Hammer's 'Get In The Ring' & Kerrang Magazine's 'Day Of Rock' shows in London, a sold out UK tour, Wacken, Tuska & Graspop Festivals and touring Europe with Iced Earth & Annihilator .. and finishing off with the year in style with a show stealing performance at last weekend's inaugural Hard Rock Hell Festival in Minehead ….. so what better way to start 2008 than bringing everyone's favourite Viking warriors back to the UK to play some more shows.

Warlord Nygard comments on the forthcoming tour: "We just got back home from Hard Rock Hell festival in Minehead, which surely was a great and rather interesting experience … we are still trying to cure our hangovers! We did our first UK tour this September, and the response was overwhelming – with sold out dates and crazy crowds everywhere! In March we will return to tour cities and towns we didn't play in September and we're expecting you guys to prove us right in not only touring the main 4-5 cities, but trying to play as much of the country as we can and meet as many of you battle metallers as possible."

Turisas will play the following venues with the support act to be announced shortly:

MARCH 2008

SAT 01 NORTHAMPTON SOUNDHAUS
SUN 02 SHEFFIELD CORPORATION
MON 03 ABERDEEN MOSHULU
TUE 04 EDINBURGH STUDIO 24
WED 05 LIVERPOOL ACADEMY 2
THU 06 NORWICH WATERFRONT
FRI 07 PETERBOROUGH PARK
SAT 08 LEEDS COCKPIT
MON 10 EXETER CAVERN
TUE 11 CARDIFF CLWB IFOR BACH
WED 12 SOUTHAMPTON THE BROOK
THU 13 LONDON ELECTRIC BALLROOM
FRI 14 BRIGHTON CONCORDE 2

I'll be at Cardiff seeing as it's convenient, and I'll know the venue by then. At least these dates are in less big places now, it'd be taking the piss if it was all the same cities again.

Hope the support is someone good.

Ever wonder why London is one of the last dates?
TheTurisasCoup.jpg

Srsly though if there's another 2008 tour after this I'll seriously consider not going again, like last time.

haha its sooo funny to see the 'do you guys do anything else than touring the UK'-comments after they just got back from a (was it?) 4 weeks european tour.. i would wonder how large the venues are? if its a headlining tour or not and what other bands are touring too - hopefully this time better support/headlining acts than on the last 784325 (UK)/tours... good luck anyway. dont think i'll drop by at any of the gigs, i need to save money & time for excessive touring/giging in april then *evil-grin* :lol:

and as for the "late" london-gig there might be trillions of different reasons for it :) maybe hare krishna did book the london venues for the whole two weeks before or the promoter is just coming back from honeymoon :)

Excellent! I'll have to see if I can get tickets for the London gig. This news has totally cheered me up after having to miss Sonata yesterday (yes, I'm still gutted about it!)

Perfect timing.. I'm in the UK in march anyway, might as well do a couple of these dates while I'm there :D
oh yeah, i completely forgot about THIS. but no clue if i can join you. study is going to be a rough time then :-(

Well fuck that, all venues are way too far. :(

Hahaha!!!

Just found out Opeth are at BOA as well. LULZ IM GONNA MISS DAT TU.

:lol: A reason to miss BOA next year! Sacrifice for Metalcamp and Wacken.:kickass: Dude are you attending the Pagan Fest.? Ensiferum, Wintersun, Eluveitie, Tyr and Klaani fucking epic.

Indeed. WINTERSUN.I repeat. WINTERSUN!!! actually wouldn't miss it for the world!
wouldnt rely on that. sorry to say. the venue published as the first one an old line-up and wintersun isn't in the other (much later) published gigs anymore (leipzig, vienna, pratteln: ensiferum, moonsorrow, korpiklaani, eluveitie and tyr). but its the 'paganfest' not a certain band though. still the whole tour hasnt been officialy published by RTN yet!

edit: looks like its final now, there will be no wintersun. www.paganfest.net 'coming soon'

Oh will try and get to one of the gigs seeing as I had to miss them last time. Hmm, maybe Peterborough.

No Wintersun at Pagenfest. Noooo! :(