March 2011 - UK - Headlining (ATTENTION: Norwich postponed)

I'm actually hoping they play Fear the Fear in Amsterdam. But that's just a personal preference. I won't complain if they played The Great Escape :D

Fantastic show in Notts last night, the band were awesome! Shame about the beer though, I have no idea in what realm of the imagination someone thinks cans of Tetley's smooth flow is an acceptable drink. Once the band were done, we sloped off to the pub for a decent pint. Or several.

Notts Setlist

As Torches Rise
One More
The March of The Varangian Guard
The Great Escape
To Holmgard and Beyond
Hunting Pirates
*Violin Solo*
Five Hundred and One
The Messenger
Stand Up and Fight
Miklagard Overture

Encore;
Rasputin
Battle Metal

:Spin: New album sounds amazing live, wasn't so sure on recordings but this cements it up there with BM & TVW :D:D

The Nottingham gig was something really special! I have seen Turisas already ten times live in Finland, but I have to say the audience has never been as enthusiastic and crazy as in Nottingham! The crowd was shouting "Battle!" "Metal!" already two hours before Turisas started, and it continued through the whole evening. I was really impressed.

Also the amount of war paint was amazing! In Finland I'm usually the most dressed-up person on a Turisas gig, and perhaps 15 other people have even any war paint on, but this time at about half of the crowd had spent at least the same amount of time in front of a mirror with paint and strange clothes as I had. I absolutely loved it!

I'm not wondering anymore why Turisas is concentrating on touring abroad: maybe the audience in Finland just don't show their appreciation as well as the audience elsewhere. The atmosphere in Rock City Nottingham was something to remember, and because of that it just might have been the best Turisas gig I have seen so far. Thanks a lot to the local crowd!

We also got delivered the salmiakki Olli had asked us to bring him from Finland, so mission completed! Now I'm already back home.

Here's a picture of me and my friend in front of Rock City just before the gig: http://irc-galleria.net/user/Gosalyn/picture/124858133