March 2011 - UK - Headlining (ATTENTION: Norwich postponed)

Cari

Jul 7, 2008
Those are the dates:

17.03.2011 (UK) London - O2 Academy Islington

(UK) Norwich - Waterfront - And an apology to our fans in the Norwich area - PLEASE NOTE, in order to make way for this show, we have had to postpone the advertised headline show at Norwich Waterfront. It is NOT cancelled, and it will definitely take place in the autumn - watch this space for more details. If you already have a ticket for this show, hold on to it! It will remain valid for the rescheduled show.

19.03.2011 (UK) Nottingham - Rock City

Rock City? Well, it's close enough to home and it's near enough to my birthday...the beer's crap but the music will be awesome! I think there will be some ticket purchasing going on tomorrow...

I will be on it like a bonnet mate. Islington Academy is a really nice venue too, I saw Turisas there when they last played (and they were unfortunately supported by Abgott...).

Hope they get some decent support this time round.

Wow! i HAVE to go see them in london.
i've been a huuuuuge fan of them for years now and i havent yet seen them!! grr.
cant wait, just need someone to go with...
kinda difficult seeing as no one i know likes this kinda music..
fear not, i shall not let this stop me :)

ah well, you always meet great people on Turisas gigs, I know what I am talking about :D

And an apology to our fans in the Norwich area - PLEASE NOTE, in order to make way for this show, we have had to postpone the advertised headline show at Norwich Waterfront. It is NOT cancelled, and it will definitely take place in the autumn - watch this space for more details. If you already have a ticket for this show, hold on to it! It will remain valid for the rescheduled show.

yes, now I do have an idea ;)

Alright, so Crimfall are supporting for those gigs:
17.03.2011 O2 Academy Islington, London, UK
19.03.2011 Rock City, Nottingham, UK

Is Hanu back on this tour? Since he wasn't on the US tour.

I also read Netta wasn't there yet. I kinda hoped for an update after the US tour, but I'm sure they got good reasons for it.
Come to think about it, what about the setlist? Most songs I can picture without accordion, but Sahti-Waari and Jarisleiv are different. Did they play these?

No Netta or Hannu O:

Setlist at London was as follows:

VT&D
As Torches Rise
One More
Some Irish song that I can't remember the name of (in honour of St. Paddy's)
Holmgard and Beyond
March of the Varangian Guard
Take the Day
Stand Up and Fight
Miklagard Overture
Five Hundred and One
The Messenger

Encore was Rasputin and Battle Metal

Fairly sure that was what they played, order is probably a wee bit off though.

well, it does´t surprise me. Hanu wont be around till end of spring, that´s what I heard. and about netta, lord knows. a pity I am not lord.

EDIT: I heard from someone else they did Hunting Pirates as Encore??

did One more and 501 have the violin beginning???

Ah yes, Hunting Pirates was part of the encore too I think.

And there was a violin beginning for Five Hundred and One.

I'm coming to Nottingham tomorrow with my friend! We're flying from Finland early in the morning. Can't wait! And no, we're not coming to England only because of Turisas, but I admit they are the reason we chose these dates :D

I love that video. Actually because of the beginning *laughing*

Last edited by a moderator:
Nottingham tomorrow/to-night!!! I must admit my friend and I aren't travelling as far away as from Finland (itself), but we've still got a nice coach journey which tickets cost more than the actual gig. Can't wait. Never been out in Nottingham before. Shame I've given up alcohol for Lent.

The London gig was some serious epicness. Best crowdsurfing I've ever undertaken. :rofl:
Too bad Netta wasn't there but the "division" among Olli and Jussi during Rasputin was pretty awesome too.

The Irish thing for St Patty's was actually Whiskey in the Jar. :D