[GIG] TURISAS UK Headlining Tour

JW

Admin
Nov 21, 2006
www.turisas.com
15.06.2007 - TURISAS ANNOUNCE UK HEADLINING TOUR

After truly epic performances opening up the main stage at this years Download Festival and Metal Hammer's Golden God Awards, the Finnish Viking warriors TURISAS are ready to announce their headlining UK tour for September 2007 in support of their new album 'The Varangian Way'

Warlord Nygard comments on the forthcoming tour ""It's been well over a year since the last Turisas headlining show in the UK. It seems we have only been over for short one-off support and festival sets, but now that will finally change. We felt so bad about us having to cancel a show in London earlier this year, that we are now not only returning to make up for that show, but with a full tour consisting of eight shows across the country. We will be bringing over the full package, not only a 15 minute showcase set, so prepare yourselves for one of the greatest nights out you will be getting for a while."

'The Varangian Way' since its release reached number 11 in the UK Rock Charts and entered the Finnish album chart at number 17 and is due for release throughout the rest of Europe in the coming weeks. Over the summer the band will be performing at many of Europe's top metal festivals including Tuska & Graspop.

TURISAS' U.K. headlining tour:

15.09.2007 - Nottingham, UK - Rock City
16.09.2007 - Manchester, UK - Academy 3
17.09.2007 - Glasgow, UK - Cathouse
18.09.2007 - Newcastle, UK - Academy
19.09.2007 - London, UK - Islington Academy
20.09.2007 - Birmingham, UK - Academy 2
21.09.2007 - Bristol, UK - Academy
23.09.2007 - Portsmouth, UK - Wedgewood Rooms

l_3184cf9b8a8f09202286b0a1c280441c.jpg

I'll be at Nottingham. Gonna be great, can't wait! Gonna try and get to the front.

S92

Eww to the wedgewood rooms. Anyway yes, thats pretty fucking good to be fair. I was openly very pissed at turisas SUPPORTING lordi, -.-.
Its about time there was a decenting headlining tour, plus I can make at least 3 of those as i will have a whole bunch more time off by then, \m/.
Frickin sweeeeet.

-e