[GIG] 06.03.2007 Get In The Ring, Hammersmith Palais - London, UK

Nygård

Warlord
Mar 9, 2006
www.turisas.com
gitr150.gif

TURISAS - Get In The Ring motherfuckers! An Unmissable Event in London

Metal Hammer Magazine will be hosting a battle of epic proportions between four of metal's best risings stars – and we're going to turn them into raging bulls! TURISAS, Deathstars, Breed 77 and The Zico Chain will play a history-making gig in a boxing ring in London's Hammersmith Palais, in an attempt to win the hearts of a television audience and guest judges for ultimate heavyweight champion of metal!

The big fight will take place on 6th March 2007. Just in case you don't know Turisas are the mighty Finnish viking metallers who gave us the phrase 'battle metal'; Deathstars are the Swedish cyber goth metal crew who look like Marilyn Manson's evil twins and drink like Zakk Wylde – carnage-erous; The Zico Chain are the London-based part-punk, part-sleaze, part metal trio who's new album is cutting a swathe through all the lightweight indie shite; and Breed 77 are the stalwart Gibraltan metal heads who's genre-spanning tunes are exciting a new breed of listener.

Information on how to get your tickets for this amazing event, check back to MySpace page of the bands involved for a special announcement about where to get the free (excl small booking fee) from – it will be a secret location somewhere in London. There are limited tickets, so be on your toes.

Also, Metal Hammer will be giving you the chance to win tickets, so watch www.metalhammer.co.uk for more news and competitions. More details will be announced in the coming weeks.

Don't say we don't spoil you . .Turisas twice in one week .. they'll also be playing a headlining show at The Scala in London on Thursday 8th March – tickets on sale NOW

Well that was quite useless. Wasnt the idea to put info about acquiring tickets on your myspazz?, not just reposting this.
lol.
Lazy bugger, :p, blatenly just ran off to play pinball again instead, XD.

-e

The bands were mentioned in the original post:

"---TURISAS, Deathstars, Breed 77 and The Zico Chain will play a history-making gig in a boxing ring in London's Hammersmith Palais, in an attempt to win the hearts of a television audience and guest judges for ultimate heavyweight champion of metal!"

You tell me :heh:

To be fair, i think only Deathstars stand even a vague chance, and thats just because they have a mass of fan kids going through a fad of listening to them over the last 6 months or so.
If either of the other two come even close to winning, i may well lose all hope for society and its musical taist these days, haha.
They are both pretty damn appauling imo.

Ah well. A gig is a gig and all that. Damn the lack of info right now though. Damn it to hell, grr.

-e

The bands were mentioned in the original post:

"---TURISAS, Deathstars, Breed 77 and The Zico Chain will play a history-making gig in a boxing ring in London's Hammersmith Palais, in an attempt to win the hearts of a television audience and guest judges for ultimate heavyweight champion of metal!"

You tell me :heh:

Touché, but are they good enough to kick Turisas's ass? Im thinking not.

I dont think any of those bands can beat Turisas. No matter how many times I listen to Battle Metal, I still have a huge smile on my face as I listen to each song. And Turisas has been the only the band to do that to me. Hell I was listening to one band on my ipod today with a wee smile on my face, and then The Messenger by Turisas played and that was it. That wee smile became a huge smile.

If I don't go to this gig I may well shoot someone in the face...just warning you.

Gimme tickets! :cry:

Do we seriously have be have MySpace to get tickets? I'm sort of against social phenomenon...though it may be worth actually getting MySpace in the hopes of getting the tickets...

it wont be myspazz users only!, it just wont, its not a myspazz event, thats not even up for debate, okay?, so relax, :p.
It more than likely doesnt matter what password you use, i'm pretty sure you'll still be able to see the stage regardless.
You can also have a friend pick the tickets up from what i understand.
All is not lost.
And as i said before, relax, :p.

I shall be attempting this gig instead of the one a few days later *nods*.
And if i cant make it, oh well, at least i wont have to sufer breed 77, ha!

-e
Edit: Wooh, tickets! *dance*, :).
See you in the ring mofos.
ps. Rasputin and one more, damn it!, heh, :D.

TURISAS – METAL HAMMER 'GET IN THE RING' SHOW – TICKET INFO

So you want to see Turisas 'battle' it out against Deathstars, Breed 77 & Zico Chain? Here's the information you need to get your FREE ticket:

Each band will have 150 tickets available for Metal Hammer's Get In The Ring. The exclusive tickets are available at the London Astoria box office (Charing Cross Rd).

The tickets are free, but include a £1 processing fee each. Tickets are limited to 2 per person and you must be 16 and over to attend. To collect your tickets you need to say a unique password, the password for TURISAS is 'BATTLE'.