[GIG] 06.03.2007 Get In The Ring, Hammersmith Palais - London, UK

i suppose it would make more sence to have a Norse mythology link rather than a Lord of the rings link in a song performed by a bunch of deranged vikings, *snigger*.
:p.
but who knows?
i think we will just have to wait till were told since no1 seems to be able to recall indefinatly, :).

-e

I was on the barrier to the right of the ring. It seemed pretty packed at the front near the bar. The band worked all sides of the crowd well though so it was pretty good. Sound was decent as well.

I was near the bar on the left. Tried going down the front when they came on, but being a short-arse I couldn't see fuck-all so retreated to the higher ground!

The first words are whatever were in the link I posted, it's a recording of what was said.

I was on the left side of the ring, it wasn't that full. i thought there were going to be more people than there were.

Great show it was, cool to see such a huge support. Now, so this competition wouldn't become a competition of which band has most 12 yr kid fans who didin't even see the show, your vote is highly appreciated.

Feel free to spread this anywhere.

Here are the instructions:

Metal Hammer's Get In The Ring a major success!
Bands battle it out in a boxing ring, vote for your favourite – which of course is TURISAS!

If you missed it, you missed out! But never fear all the highlights from Get In The Ring will be premiering on Saturday 17th March at 8pm on Rockworld.TV and repeated at various times.

Check out the trailer here to see who took part!

See the schedule page at www.rockworld.tv for more details as well as cable channel number.

Also look out for the Backstage special coming soon and of course the winners special in May. Also in the new issue of Metal Hammer Magazine there are interviews with all the bands

Voting lines are open now and will close on the 21.04.06.

To cast your vote:
Call 0904 253 1111 and follow the instructions.

To vote for Turisas text 'ROCK TURISAS' To 80008 (the only number you really need)
To vote for Breed 77 text 'ROCK BREED' To 80008
To Vote for Zico Chain text 'ROCK CHAIN' To 80008
To Vote for Death Stars text 'ROCK STARS' To 80008

You can also vote online at www.metalhammer.co.uk

Calls and texts cost £1.50, calls will last no longer than 1 minute, users must be 16 or over. You must have the bill payers permission. Service provided by StealthNET Ltd, PO Box 202, Gt Yarmouth, NR31 9AL.

LMAO @ The zico chain, 3%, XD.
Turisas appear to be FTW though, with their 34%, \m/, sweeeet!

Heh, I'm almost tempted to buy metalhammer this month because of this whole thing...though i fear it having MCR on the front will give me the AIDS, :(.

-e

The right side was were it was at, fewest people, loudest cheering =D

And Turisas are pulling ahead in the polls! :D (on Metal Hammer at least, dunno if that counts for the whole of the votes overall).

I have one bad pic of a shoeless lisko, thats about it, my phone died after that, lisko killed it!

Pah, i'm already on the voting mission, i whored out my myspazz profile in aid of doing so actually, it made me feel dirty and cheap, but OH WELL. you rose a point in a day after that so, meh.
I'll bullitin it again when i lose my self respect again later, :p.

-e