[GIG] 06.03.2007 Get In The Ring, Hammersmith Palais - London, UK

Whether you were or were not in the "Get In The Ring!" event that took place in Hammersmith Palais, London on 6th March, now's your chance to see the best bits comfortably from your own TV set on Sky channel 368 and on Rockworld's IPTV channel at www.rockworld.tv

Get In The Ring!

Sat 17th March 8pm
Tue 20th March 7pm
Wed 21st March 2pm
Fri 23rd March 10pm
Sat 24th March 4pm
Sun 25th March 10pm
Mon 26th March 9pm
Wed 28th March 9pm

For further showings see your Sky Planner or keep an eye on http://www.rockworld.tv/Schedules.html

The Get In The Ring! - Backstage Special!

Sat 21st April 7pm
Sun 22nd April 2am + 1pm
Tue 24th April 6pm
Wed 25th April 2am + 1pm

For further showings see your Sky Planner or keep an eye on http://www.rockworld.tv/Schedules.html

The Get In The Ring! - Winners Special!

Wed 16th May 8pm

Who wins? You decide!

To vote for Turisas text 'ROCK TURISAS' to 80008 (the only option you really need)

To vote for Breed 77 text 'ROCK BREED' to 80008
To vote for Deathstars text 'ROCK STARS' to 80008
To vote for Zico Chain text 'ROCK CHAIN' to 80008

Or call 0904 253 1111 and follow the instructions.

Texts cost £1.50 + your standard network rate. Users must be aged 16 or over, Voting Closes on 21.04.07. Service provided by StealthNET Ltd, Po Box 202, Gt Yarmouth, NR31 9AL.

Calls cost £1.50, calls will last no longer than 1 minute, callers must be aged 16 or over, Voting Closes on 21.04.07. Service provided by StealthNET Ltd, Po Box 202, Gt Yarmouth, NR31 9AL.

So do I HAVE to call those numbers, or does my online vote still count? & am I allowed to do it again? From my Mum's account perhaps?
I don't understand this Rockworld thing. Contrary to what's been said there's nothing on their site that explains how I can get it. Yeah ok, I'm a sad old technophobe, but.......?!?!
Oh & I'm with Telepest........Sorry, TeleWest - HELP!!!

Whether you were or were not in the "Get In The Ring!" event that took place in Hammersmith Palais, London on 6th March, now's your chance to see the best bits comfortably from your own TV set on Sky channel 368 and on Rockworld's IPTV channel at www.rockworld.tv

Get In The Ring!

Sat 17th March 8pm
Tue 20th March 7pm
Wed 21st March 2pm
Fri 23rd March 10pm
Sat 24th March 4pm
Sun 25th March 10pm
Mon 26th March 9pm
Wed 28th March 9pm

Sat 21st April 7pm
Sun 22nd April 2am + 1pm
Tue 24th April 6pm
Wed 25th April 2am + 1pm

Wed 16th May 8pm

Who wins? You decide!

To vote for Turisas text 'ROCK TURISAS' to 80008 (the only option you really need)

To vote for Breed 77 text 'ROCK BREED' to 80008
To vote for Deathstars text 'ROCK STARS' to 80008
To vote for Zico Chain text 'ROCK CHAIN' to 80008

Or call 0904 253 1111 and follow the instructions.

Texts cost £1.50 + your standard network rate. Users must be aged 16 or over, Voting Closes on 21.04.07. Service provided by StealthNET Ltd, Po Box 202, Gt Yarmouth, NR31 9AL.

Calls cost £1.50, calls will last no longer than 1 minute, callers must be aged 16 or over, Voting Closes on 21.04.07. Service provided by StealthNET Ltd, Po Box 202, Gt Yarmouth, NR31 9AL.

Theres a big thing about hotline technical failures, and scandals here in the UK at the moment. Even Blue Peter got collared. :lol:

Yea, but who really cares as long as your doing your bit in making sure Turisas win the Get In The Ring event. I swear, when I had read about the other bands in the event, and what they are all about. I started to look for my mobile phone so I could send as many votes as I could to help Turisas out. I'll probably end up having to top-up my mobile a few times after all the votes I'll be sending. But I don't really care as long as Turisas win the event hands down, and I know I done my bit to help them out.

I think i win at 'ultimate shameless whoring' of this thing.
There havnt been new pics of me on the net in just over a year now, i get people asking me about this issue quite a bit so i just BRIBED my 8-9,000 strong list of 'myspazz"friends"' with new pics if they raise the toll to 35% since it dropped to 31% last night.
I feel utterly scummy now.
I'm not even that shameless when i promote the site i work on, 0.o.

Heh, is it just me, or does anyone else think Zico are on the cheat at this thing?, 3% to 19% in a few days when people didnt even react to their, so called performance? Bull shit, heh.

-e

Turisas pwned on rockworldtv \m/ got it saved on my sky hd box now :D

Battle Metal and Holmagard and Beyond were played.

Was hoping for the whole set but knew it wouldnt be shown. Wanted to see Rasputin, song selection was good though and quality was outstanding.. is great hearing it in live form as there are bits of songs you dont hear when played raw and which are less visible on cd, tis great \m/ (namely the violin in Battle Metal, has never caught my attention before hearing it live on tv.

Hope you guys can release all four songs on a dvd or something.

Bah, I keep missing it because I'm at work or kickboxing. Will hopefully be able to catch it tonight though =D

@suns_recline...
maybe if you would lose one garment by every 2 procent they gain...that would be something!

Lol, i'm not -that- shameless, lol.
So far i've had about 40 people claim they voted, not bad since it was 1 bullitin sent out at 9am.
Maybe i should do a few more, its actually exposed quite a few people to turisas too which was ace, \m/.
I suppose using the fact that I run the main wacken forum on MS is something i could probibly use to my advantage too.
Hmmmmm.
*plans*

-e

Fuck this, I'm gonna vote! Turisas 4tw!

The Deathstars are cheesy wankers (we supported them last year, they were right pricks), Breed 77 never seem to go anywhere and who the hell were the other lot? lol

Fuck this, I'm gonna vote! Turisas 4tw!

The Deathstars are cheesy wankers (we supported them last year, they were right pricks), Breed 77 never seem to go anywhere and who the hell were the other lot? lol

Some pretentious pricks from London, heh.
Livin' the dream....the dream of drunk under age chicks and non responsive audiences, rofl. You had to love the reaction or rather, the lack there of, when they were on stage......I have developed quite the distaste for them to be fair.

-e

Oi, I'm not pretentious :zombie:

lol

They do suck, I couldn't tell you what they were like as people as they made a point of not speaking to any of their supporting bands at all. I dunno where they get their RAWK AND ROWELL attitude from because they're nothing special at all... :puke:

Inversely the chaps from Breed 77 are well OK, their singer bent my earhole off for the entire Donnington to London train ride after Download 2004 :erk:

Oi, I'm not pretentious :zombie:

lol

They do suck, I couldn't tell you what they were like as people as they made a point of not speaking to any of their supporting bands at all. I dunno where they get their RAWK AND ROWELL attitude from because they're nothing special at all... :puke:

Inversely the chaps from Breed 77 are well OK, their singer bent my earhole off for the entire Donnington to London train ride after Download 2004 :erk:

Lol tard, :p.

To be fair, their attitude wasn’t even rock and roll, it was just undeserved arrogance mixed with pure unbridled mind numbing stupidity...not just your usual mind numbing stupidity however, but that 'I was lobotomised with a rusty screw driver' kind of stupidity that they inforce on everyone around them.

They were and generally are just utterly fucking useless imo….heh.
Who knew I would come out of that gig finding a band I disliked more than breed. At least with them I just thought their music was average and ever breed fan i had met was a fucking penis….but these guys are just utter bell ends and make far worse alleged 'music'.

I also still believe that they are cheating the poll considering they some what limited fan base, lack of talent, lack of response from the audience and general complete and utter lack of any kind of fame or even acknowledgement.

I'll stop ranting now. I think i'm just in a really shit mood today which tends to resalt in uber rants, :O.
Oops.

The point is still valid though.:p

-e

LOL I'll not elabourate further then.

It's kinda sad because the Swedes produce fucking awesome bands and those guys really buck the trend.

Make sure you wear the surgical gloves and a gas mask.
Dude i wish i had just given myself an ice pick lobotomy.
I think....yes....yes i do, i have brain juice leaking from my ear now, i officially have brain aids, :zombie: .
There are only about 6 paragraphs on page 28 covering Turisas...though all bands got about the same, but still...
They lied and said zico did a good show also....when I ask did this take place? sugar coating tools.
There are a couple of okay pics though, so that makes up for...well...NOTHING what so ever(sorry guys) i've seen them so many times that to be fair, unless the photo is something unusual/funny/awesome, there is pretty much no point to it. They should have put in a shot of Matthias looking disappointed at that crappy 'beer' they sent up. Then it would have been awesome and relivent, haha, :lol:.
Ah well.
I didnt expect anything else to be fair.
:puke: Fucking metalhammer.

-e

EDIT: Just realised i have 2 cd's with this thing, one is fucked becuse I kinda ditched eventhing into one bag but the other one contains, as the first track:
Turisas: To holmgard and beyond.
Heh, okay, NOW it was worth the brain aids. Very bloody impressed by that, and its kick ass to hear a crystal version of it, \m/.

Hey everybody, let's make this happen, shall we? We were not too psyched about the Breed guys... :puke:

Whether you were or were not in the "Get In The Ring!" contest (featuring TURISAS) that took place in Hammersmith Palais, London on 6th March, now's your chance to see the best bits comfortably from your own TV set on Sky channel 368 and on Rockworld's IPTV channel at www.rockworld.tv .

You should also VOTE TURISAS, as the winner is decided by you!

to vote for Turisas text ROCK TURISAS to 80008
or call 0904 253 1111 and follow the instructions.

According to Rockworld, Breed 77 are in the lead - but not by far! Promote Turisas like the winning band they are! As helping your favorite band wasn’t enough, there’s also an extra incentive: one lucky fan will win a TURISAS GOODYBAG!

The Backstage Special show times are as follows:

Sat 21st April 7pm
Sun 22nd April 2am + 1pm
Tue 24th April 6pm
Wed 25th April 2am + 1pm

Don’t forget the final show:

Wed 16th May 8pm

For further showings: see your Sky Planner or keep an eye on http://www.rockworld.tv/Schedules.html

Voting:

Breed 77 in the lead just shows how corrupt the voting system for this is :p

Voting:

...and an expensive corrupt voting system at that!! £1.50 a text and they're not even donating to charity. Probably all a farse anyways like every other UK phone in competition.

I finally found time to watch Get in the Ring. Turisas just blew me away as per usual. No matter how many times I listen to any piece of music done by them, I'm always impressed. Deathstars started of all right, but then their vocalist started to sing. No offence to any Deathstars fans out there, but the way he walks, you'd think he's got a cucumber stuck up his backside.
I'm not really sure about Breed 77, they are o.k. but I think they could have done better. The Zicos Chain could have done with a bit more help music wise. They were good, but judging them with the others, they could have used some more people in their band.

If that was the first time I had heard any of the bands peform, I still would have voted for Turisas. I am trying to stay neutral here, but in my opinion, they were the best band there. So if they dont win, I want to know why